failed yesterday 70-680

kalelkalel Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have taken this test three times now......and i am always in the 650+ area! i mean come on...is this test worth it? i have studied train-signal, don pouton, press toolkit...what else can i do? do i get docked points if i take a long time to answer a question? this last test made no sense, i was high on everything...except for networking....the bar was completely white? what can i do to boost the networking part? 4 of the categories were 100% the others were above the middle...except for networking obviously.

i have spent a lot of money so far, i know one can "find" the right answers, but i refuse to because of this fact.

thanks.

Comments

• vytas_bewvytas_bew Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    never give up. I have failed twice this sucker and 2nd time scored way less then 1st attempt though study and lab more, at least I know much more now in win 7 before I start to study. get yourself N+ passport book (Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport, 4th Edition Exam N10-005 Comptia Authorized: Amazon.co.uk: Michael Meyers, Scott Jernigan: Books) it will be your foundation for network as 680 exam is covering pretty much networking also. btw the book is very easy to read/learn even my native is not English

I am positive you pass it next time, just get your network in shape first

good luck as this exam is also frustrates my sometimes
  • futurethat88futurethat88 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeah brush up on your networking fundamentals and bet you'll pass it. I hardly ever look at it but I have A+/Net+/Sec+ in a Nutshell on my bookshelf just in case I really need to go back.

I plan to give this a shot or two in the next few months. My big worry is not actually having a small network in a domain to tinker around in to get a feel for how things run from the admin perspective or even a virtualized domain for that matter.
  • MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    You just need to study from the beginning again. The major issue with studying for this test is you get this mindset of I use this product a lot so I know it. But you cant think that while studying or you will just skim over info which you think you know. (this was he advice given to me, I passed on the first try).
  • pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kalel wrote: »
    ...i was high on everything...except for networking....the bar was completely white?
    That meant that you scored zero on the networking portion. But like the others mentioned, take a look at Network+ material and go over the objectives line by line and what isn't clear, make sure to have a firm grasp of it. You could also try using technet, the info on there is sound and the explanations are usually detailed and easy enough to understand.

Don't give up I'm sure you'll come out on top the next time around.
    God deserves my best
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    What sections did you not get 100% in?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• kalelkalel Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you everyone, for all of your suggestions, sorry for not responding sooner but my sister was getting married and other family stuff came up. with your help, i have passed my 680 exam this past friday with a 880.

i looked over everything, the thing was that i know networking, i guess i was just second guessing myself.

thanks.
    4_lom wrote: »
    What sections did you not get 100% in?
    well i dont want to say too much (nda not sure whats good) but the first two and last two were 100, everything else was like 80ish or so (except for networking).
  • pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Glad to hear it. So what's next on the agenda?
    God deserves my best
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Yeah sounds like you need some Net+ training, then should come back to the 70-680. Professer Messer!
    pizzaboy wrote: »
    Congrats!! Glad to hear it. So what's next on the agenda?

thanks, now the 686...but i will start a separate thread for that.