Passed N10-004

teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got 880/900! Very pleased.

Missed one question on routing (had it right, but changed it during review).

Read Meyers' and Lammle's books cover-to-cover. Purchased my voucher/test bank from Total Seminars. I also used the **** test bank.

Thanks to those who helped me work through some of the practice questions I posted.
If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D

Comments

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Isn't **** a brain ****?
  • teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    YFZblu wrote: »
    Isn't **** a brain ****?
    I'm not sure what you mean by brain ****. Please clarify.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
    Isn't **** a brain ****?
    I looked up brain ****. Here is a great article that explains it:

What's The Big Deal with 'Brain ****'?

I don't know if **** is a brain **** or not. How do you find out?
    I usually go to certguard.com and plug in the web address of the company - Certguard will tell you if it's a brain **** or not. Unfortunately the certguard website is down right now...
    I usually go to certguard.com and plug in the web address of the company - Certguard will tell you if it's a brain **** or not. Unfortunately the certguard website is down right now...
    The site is back up today, but when I enter ****.com in certguard's search engine, it just errors out (tried it a number of times).
    Some interesting history and opinions on certguard:
    CertGuard CEO Accuses Ethan Banks of Cheating « CCIE Pursuit Blog
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    teancum144,

Congratulations on the pass.

In answer to your private message, brain **** are simply the exact questions and answers stolen from a live exam. There are multiple ways the criminals do this. For example, they can simply use a video recorder to record all the questions as the test taker is taking a test. The test center may be corrupt, or tricked into allowing this to happen. The criminals then try to identify the correct answers and repackage the questions and answers as legitimate study sources. These study sources rarely have any explanations and often have incorrect answers selected as the correct answer. Over the years, I've come to recognize that practice questions without explanations are often brain ****.

Some people have been known to use only a braindump to memorize questions and answers without bothering to learn the material. I've heard people actually brag about doing this not realizing how negatively the practice is perceived by many people in the IT work force. They pass the exams but fail in interviews and on the job. Often, they fail the exam when the vendor slightly modifies the questions completely throwing them off.

This is a good article on braindumps on the certguard.com site: CertGuard | Braindumps

I think you found this page (Search) which you can use to validate a company. If you plug in a legitimate company such as measureup.com, it shows that it is considered safe and not a braindump. If you plug in a known braindump site (such as the one mentioned in the CCIE article you posted), it will give a display indicating that it is a "braindump" instead of "safe." If you plug in a site that isn't known it normally gives a display of "In Progress" but I had the same experience as you when I plugged in ****.com. It gave an error. I don't know what that means.

Since you mentioned reading two books and sought help in understanding topics on this forum, I doubt you used the questions you mentioned to only memorize the questions and answers. It also sounds like you want to avoid using brain ****. Excellent.

A simple step you can take is post a query on one of these forums and ask if anyone knows if its legitimate. You can also ask if anyone found it useful before you buy it. Many people like YFZblu will likely mention certguard as an ultimate check but others may know right off the top of their head if a site is legitimate or not.

Hope this helps and good luck on the Security+ exam.
    Darril - a very thorough and informative reply - thank you. I'm really enjoying your Security+ book so far. I also purchased the book by Conklin & White (that one was recommended by Mike Meyers). I always like to have two perspectives.
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Congratulations on the Pass! That was a great score!
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
    Follow up post: Congratulations :) I didn't mean to belittle your accomplishment by suggesting you used a brain **** - I just checked cert guard and wasn't able to come to any sort of conclusion about ****.

As Mr. Gibson pointed out you seem to have used a wealth of resources that are legitimate, and Network+ isn't the easiest exam ever. Nice work!
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging