Are you told where you goofed on the CCNA?

treehuggertreehugger Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi. I have never posted anything, anywhere before, but I need help.....I wrote the 2nd part of the CCNA exam today and did badly (passed the first OK). The test said I would get a print out to help further study-I got nothing, the test center staff said they would contact Cisco & forward the info by mail...snail mail...this is driving me nuts, I thought I was doing OK but....I tend to check, recheck and check my answers again the point being I ran out of time without completing the exam.....I had one sim for routing & finished it OK (verified continuity).....is it possible there was another highly marked sim that I missed and that is the explanation or are the sims timed and I took too long? I am going to write again but am not sure what to study, I thought I had a pretty good handle on the stuff.......thanks in advance.

Sorry-no profile, I'm not sure how to set it up, this is my first attempted certification

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The sims are not timed separately, but do weight more heavily than regular multiple choise questions. Check our the Sticky topic about simulations in this forum.

Yes, you do get a breakdown of your scoring per general section, corresponding to the sections in the exam objectives at www.cisco.com/go/ccna

Welcome on board and good luck on your next attempt!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    treehugger wrote:
    I tend to check, recheck and check my answers again the point being I ran out of time without completing the exam.....I had one sim for routing & finished it OK (verified continuity).....is it possible there was another highly marked sim that I missed and that is the explanation or are the sims timed and I took too long?
    It sounds like your biggest problem is time management, which led to your second problem, not finishing the test.

The average number of sims is about 2 (but plan your time to allow for 3), and the instructions even state that you should spend no more than 10 minutes on 1 sim -- but you're free to use as much or little time as you want. Some questions can be tricky, but once you have the "final answer," stick and move.

Good luck for next time.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Futher to the time management issue you mention checking your answers to an almost obsessive level. I do believe in being careful but you also have to be decisive. It seems Cisco are as concerned with your ability to think quickly and decisively on your first attempt as they are with the actual info. you have buried in your memory - one reason they don't let you go back to review your questions imho. If you aren't sure about the answer after your second read of a question then go with your initial instinct, there has to have been at least one answer that stood out to you at least a little more than the others, don't get stuck with paralysis-through-over-analysis and put some faith in your subconscious when you don't have a better answer at the fore of your mind.....within reason ;).
    Best of luck on your next try.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • treehuggertreehugger Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My apologies for my lack of forum manners...HI everyone.

Thanks for the responses, I finally got the 1st of the 2 reports today...I have to agree,I think I worried so much about messing up that I did. There is a wealth of info on this site and I will work throught it again.
    My thanks to you all, whether or not you realize it, each and everyone of you that posed a question or shared an experience has been a valuable resource! I'm off to prepare for the next assault!