CISM June 2012 Results

AccensionAccension Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just completed my exam. Anybody have prior experience with the scores? I've been consistently getting around 80% on practice exams but don't know how that translates to the score. I know it's weighted but I'm sure on average for example a 50% is probably below the 450 passing mark. Any help would be appreciated. And if you get your scores, post em!

Comments

• htebazilehtebazile Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I took the CISA in December, it took EXACTLY 8 weeks to get the results - they came at the end of my workday, on a Friday.

I took the CISM last weekend as well, I hope that this time they are a little quicker with providing the results. Waiting 8 weeks seems excessive!

Good luck !
    ~ elizabeth
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I wrote the December 10, 2011 CISM exam and I received the results on Feb 3, 2012. I'm afraid that you are probably in for a bit of a wait.

Good luck to the both of you!
  • restoredrestored Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wrote CISA and I am also waiting, what do you plan to do next
  • FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    6 weeks to go I guess.

I'm planning for CGEIT or CRISC however I'm not sure yet , both are within my scope of work though CRISC looks more interesting....

studing CEH to kill the time I guess....
    half-way mark! keep waiting!
  • htebazilehtebazile Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ha.... Well, at least the first month went by fast - I hope the next month does too!

My CISM application is signed and all ready to go... just in case I passed. (I'm trying to be optimistic!)
    ~ elizabeth
  • CISPhDCISPhD Member Posts: 114
    Best of luck to all that took the exam! I'm sitting the exam on 12/8. Anyone who took the exam this time around have experience with how useful the adaptive learning exam engine was?
    exam engine will give you an idea on how the questions will be asked , should help if its your 1st ISACA exam. I'm always on the move (and hate taking my laptop when I'm studying... always get distracted easily) so I've used the review question booklet. a friend told me both almost identical.
  • CISPhDCISPhD Member Posts: 114
    This is in fact my first ISACA exam. Having completed way too much graduate work, I'm no stranger to cramming. Between the exam engine and the study guide, I think I'll be set. icon_study.gif
  • ciphercodesciphercodes Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any guesses for exam result date:
    June 2010 - Aug 12
    June 2011 - Aug 02
    June 2012 - ? (Aug 03)
    I doubt they'll release it before the 6th week mark ... after 21th July - before 4th Augest is my guess....
    Am I the only one who thinks about the results and questions poping every now and then on head... >.>; not sure how next few days will go >.>;
  • adlinuxadlinux Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nope. My fingers are crossed....I can't wait!
    I passed!!! Woohoo!!!
  • speedratspeedrat Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got my results..Passed!!!
  • AccensionAccension Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I originally started this thread, but anyway, yes I passed too but barely.

Does anyone put these in their e-mail signatures?

e.g.

Name, CISM
    Job Title
  • forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    Accension wrote: »
    I originally started this thread, but anyway, yes I passed too but barely.

Does anyone put these in their e-mail signatures?

e.g.

Name, CISM
    Job Title

Yes, but rarely. I have several signatures profiles and only used them sparingly if I were communicating outside the company (I work for a SMB). It's be too in-your-face and disrespectful to your colleagues' eyeballs if you had the signature inserted by default every time you hit Reply.

BTW, Welcome to the CISM club!
    Yeah! We rock!
  • ganeshrajaganeshraja Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    speedrat wrote: »
    Just got my results..Passed!!!
    First time with ISACA. Already cleared PMP, ITIL V2 Manager & V3 Expert.I have review manual 2011 and have registered for December 8th 2012. Is this enough or I have to buy Q& A downloadabe version or if any one can suggest nuggets for the same.
    @geneshraja : Q&A will give you an idea on how the question will be asked , however the review manual will give you a better insight on ISACA's way of thinking. My friend relayed on Q&A only and went through it 5-7 times , however; he ended up 330 on the actual exam while I've somehow read ~50% of the review manual + run over 10 questions of each chapter in Q&A (night of the exam) and ended up 510.
  • imjustimjust Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi to everyone! I've registered for December exam, so how much time took for the results to be published?? 1 month or so? How exactly did you know the results? An e-mail? A postal letter? At the registration, I asked that ISACA send me the results via e-mail.

Thanks!!!

Aldo.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hi Aldo - welcome to TE. When I took the CISM last December 10, 2011, I received the results via email on Feb 3, 2012.
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    ganeshraja wrote: »
    if any one can suggest nuggets for the same.
    Have a look at this..
    ISACA CISM Certification Video Training Online | CBT Nuggets

They do not have Q&A but they make amazing video tutorials.
  • gaurav.kumar@rogers.comgaurav.kumar@rogers.com Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sat in the June 09 exam and got the pass email on August 1st. I submitted the application on August 10th and am waiting for the formal approval.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations to everyone on this thread who passed their exam! icon_cheers.gif
  • gaurav.kumar@rogers.comgaurav.kumar@rogers.com Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Finally, received the approval email on 14th Sep. so total 6 weeks after passing the exam. Formally a CISM.
    I submitted my app Dec 21, 2012; was approved Jan 9,2013!