Passed SOA First Attempt!

TrepanistTrepanist Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was very intimidated by the coursework and test format. I used up the entire allotted time, but I scored an 85! So, yes I am proud. I gotta say, the coursework is VERY time consuming; I hope they address that in the future.

Also, I am not sure what good it will do me (other than fulfill a performance review KPI). I am in Pre-Sales, not Ops. Are there any other "soft" certs one can get, besides PMP and ITIL? I want to avoid Six Sigma if at all possible.

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! All of the ITIL Intermediate exams are tough so you must have worked really hard to get 85% icon_smile.gif

There is a ton of other training available - it depends what you do in your pre-sales role. Are you mainly involved with contracts and commercials, or do you get involved in detailed solution design?

Claire
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! :)
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging