Options

COMTIA re-certification system

darrbajadarrbaja Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys.

I would like to know how recertification works for these kind of certs. For instance with CCNA, if u do a more advanced cert with cisco, your certification gets renewed.

If you do A+ -> net+ -> sec+ in a consecutive manner and pass, will the last pass on the net+ exam re-certify you for the A+ and net+?

If it does, after 3 years you can do sec+ again to re-certify all 3 certs?\

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In the CE program, a Security+ pass will renew A+ and Network+, yes. Not sure if Security+ will simply renew current certs, or will actually renew an expired certification...
  • Options
    dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd also like to know how that works if they are expired, however, when i passed the network + it renewed my a+ for 3 years from the date I passed my net + and than my net + and a+ both renewed from the date I passed my security +. Originally my A+ was set to expire in 2014 but that got renewed to all 3 (sec +, net + and a+) expiring in 2015. To throw a wrench in this matter when I passed the server + last week my A+ and Net + were renewed for an additional 3 years so now i have A+ and Net + expiring in 2018 and my Sec + expiring still in 2015. Hope that isn't to confusing lol.
    WGU - B.S. Information Technology
    Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Why bother? By the time they expire, you should have more advanced certs which supersede them.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    According to CompTIA, if you renew the Security+ certification, it automatically renews the A+ and Network+ certs as well.
    CompTIA wrote:
    Individuals who hold multiple CompTIA certifications only need to pay the annual fees and earn CEUs for their highest level certification.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dave330i wrote: »
    Why bother? By the time they expire, you should have more advanced certs which supersede them.
    my thoughts exactly