Server + tomorrow

dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Server + tomorrow at 1:30 pm I think this is the first CompTIA test I have taken where I wouldnt be surprised by an 850 or 500 lol. The study material is all over the board. Hopefully Lau's book is a decent measuring stick and my test taking karma continues icon_smile.gif.
WGU - B.S. Information Technology
Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)

Comments

• pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Best of luck!
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dragonshiz wrote: »
    Server + tomorrow at 1:30 pm I think this is the first CompTIA test I have taken where I wouldnt be surprised by an 850 or 500 lol. The study material is all over the board. Hopefully Lau's book is a decent measuring stick and my test taking karma continues icon_smile.gif.
    Good luck, 4 Comptia certs.... sheesh lol
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha yeah my goal was to get the normal trifecta but I thought I would get the Server + as well to waive 2 courses at WGU.
    Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)
    Passed with a 767 out of 900 not my greatest score but a pass is a pass and I will take it lol!
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Good luck!
    It's an easy test. I only studied for it about two weeks. Read Lau's book and watched some videos. Got something like 850+.
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Congrats! and mate after you clear the exam it always looks easy icon_twisted.gif
    Which is the Book that you were referring to?
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
    Thanks Pumbaa_G this is the book I am referring to:

Amazon.com: The Concise Server+ Study Guide (SK0-003) eBook: Jonathan Lau: Kindle Store

I basically just read this 3 times and made sure I knew RAID and SCSI like the back of my hand. I had also previously passed the A+, N+ and Security + within this past year so all that information was relatively fresh as well.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass! Lau's book helped me pass too!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    congrats on the test what are you going to take on next?
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
    Thanks everyone. EV42TMAN next I plan on taking ITIL Foundations here shortly and then CWTS in August before I start at WGU in September. I thought about doing a couple of CIW certs just to get the classes waived at WGU but than thought I might as well just let them pay for it since I pay the cost no matter what. I'll be trying to pull the one term finish with 13 classes.