Basic Netscaler Administration

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
My boss got me a free voucher for online Netscaler training to eventually take the 1Y0-A21 test. I started it yesterday and it's pretty interesting. Does anyone else have experience with Netscaler? Any thoughts on it?
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• cjaco0667cjaco0667 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I went through a training course conducted by Citrix last year when my company started to deploy them in a VDI project. My group was primarly responsible for operational support but I haven't touched one since then.

They have a lot of nice features combined into one platform where typically you'd have to buy multiple products (e.g. SSL VPN and load balancing).
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did the Access Gateway EE class which covers about two days of the 5 day netscaler class. I like working with them. Wish the VPN client wasn't such a pain.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • katakatakkatakatak Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I work with the Netscaler on a daily basis and am CCA for Netscaler 9.2. In terms of studying for the test I would stick to Load Balancing and check out the network traffic guide that Citrix provides: http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/23213-102-683855/NS-TrafficMgmt-Guide.pdf. That really goes into the nitty gritty. Its a long read but it shows alot of the cool things a Netscaler can do. The best way is to get a VPX license and download it and try setting it up. I believe Citrix offers trial licenses
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Thanks so much! I got through two of the online training modules and then got slammed with work. My SO is leaving town for 3 weeks so I should get a chance to study up on this stuff on the weekends for the next month
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Just had my first experience with an NS today. How do you get a mapping of the HTTP/HTTPS flows across multiple devices? I haven't got time to read through all other PDFs. Maybe I'll just open a ticket with Citrix and whine to them. ;)