Passed N10-004 Today

j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
Hey guys, I just passed the Network+ Exam today with a score of 900. I used professor messer, cbt nuggets, Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Passport, and the practice tests on this site as well as proprofs. Anything I got wrong on the practice tests I would go back and re-read/watch and get extra information via google. My weakest link is subnetting, and I ended up having zero subnetting questions.
[h=1][/h]I'm moving onto the CCNA now, already have the Sybex book, will also do CBT Nuggets... I hear Jeremy is great. If anyones else has any materials that they loved please let me know. I hear the CompTIA exams are a walk in the park in comparison to Cisco.

Comments

• KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! Way to Ace it!

Good luck on the Cisvo items. They will be valuable.
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Thanks Keener! Enjoy your 4th.
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    Congratulations, Jeremy is awesome but a bit high strung and "really into it" -- Chris Bryant is dry but the combination is good.
    Thanks drkat,

Good to know, I'll check Chris Bryant out and see what I think. I definitely like watching videos where the instructors are more enthusiastic about the topic. Enjoy your 4th.
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats! 1 more and you'll have "the big 3"! icon_cool.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Great Score!
    Congratulations on the pass!
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
    Thanks guys, appreciate it.
  • EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    Congrats, Are you going to do the 2 test or 1 test method? Personally unless you use cisco gear as a part of your daily job id recommend the 2 test method. Also Jeremy is awesome i'm watching the video series for ICND2 right now, i wouldn't say he's high strung just "really really" into cisco lol
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
    EV42TMAN wrote: »
    Congrats, Are you going to do the 2 test or 1 test method? Personally unless you use cisco gear as a part of your daily job id recommend the 2 test method. Also Jeremy is awesome i'm watching the video series for ICND2 right now, i wouldn't say he's high strung just "really really" into cisco lol

I'm definitely going to go the two test route on the CCNA, I don't have any Cisco experience so I need to take my time learning this stuff. I'll be using packet tracer for labs for now.
  • KenCKenC Member Posts: 131
    j.petrov wrote: »
    ... My weakest link is subnetting, and I ended up having zero subnetting questions.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/38772-subnetting-made-easy.html

You'll wonder what you ever found difficult about it.
    Awesome, thanks KenC.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Nice score and congratz!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Network+ looks good under your Certifications.... lol jk good job man. Nice score too.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • JoshuaMPetersonJoshuaMPeterson Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, is the cost of CBT nuggets worth the investment?