Options

Certification for hanging on the wall

mike cookmike cook Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my MCP 70-270.
I got my MCP but I did not get one for my 70-270.
Do I get a Paper copy?
What do I have to do to get it?

Comments

• Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    When I did my 70-210 I got an MCP cert..
    But when I did my 70-215, I didn't get another MCP cert in the mail...

I think you only get one cert for your first MCP and then after that to get another cert you have to get MCSA or MCSE...

So you will only get one MCP paper cert in the mail......
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You confirm your address and then they send your certificate in the mail. I am not sure if you mean that you earned the MCP and have not gotten anything yet or not.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I thought that you only became an MCP once, when you passed your first Microsoft cert exam. Passing additional MS exams will not change your basic MCP status (I think).
  • Options
    OpenSourceOpenSource Member Posts: 135
    Pardon going a bit off-topic, but I have a question somewhat related...

For passing any CompTIA certification programs, do you receive a "degree like" certification paper for hanging purposes? If yes, do you receive a paper for each certification successfully completed, or only one?... Just curious to know.

- Joey
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe JD is right, I could have swore I read that somewhere on the Microsoft site. As far as comptia certs go, you should get a receipt like paper saying you passed it with score, and you will get 8" x 11.5" certificate with a certification card in the mail for each certification.
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    OpenSource wrote:
    Pardon going a bit off-topic, but I have a question somewhat related...

For passing any CompTIA certification programs, do you receive a "degree like" certification paper for hanging purposes? If yes, do you receive a paper for each certification successfully completed, or only one?... Just curious to know.

- Joey

With CompTIA, you receive a paper for each certification you've successfully completed. And of course with A+, you only receive a paper once you've successfully completed both the hardware and operating system exams.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    And yes, you can only become MCP once, regardless of which exam or windows version.