Options

Security and Project Management? Hand in hand?

sec_wizsec_wiz Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Just about ready to sit my CompTIA Security+ exam (and plan to get sscp, CEH etc).
Besides that I hold a Diploma in IT.

An opportunity has come up for me to fast track a cert 4/diploma in Project Management, I am wondering if this is worth doing/if it ties in well with Security? my goal is to eventually become a security architect/pen tester - surely project management would be beneficial to this?

Appreciate your opinions!

Comments

• Options
    afcyungafcyung Member Posts: 212
    Project Management is always a good skill set to have IMO. Even if you are not a "project Manager" by title doing anything at a management level will involve some form of project management. Couple that with a solid security background and it can only help you.
  • Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    afcyung wrote: »
    Project Management is always a good skill set to have IMO. Even if you are not a "project Manager" by title doing anything at a management level will involve some form of project management. Couple that with a solid security background and it can only help you.
    Agreed. A lot of what is done these days is in the form of a project, and if you know how to manage that - all the better for you.