cucm server cisco mcs 7835

i have a old cisco mcs 7835 at work thats been catching dust. It has a Intel Xeon 3.40 GHz 2 MB L2, 2gb of ram, i dont remember the hard drive size. It is running a call manager havent checked what version but figure i could incorporate this into my ccnp voice lab. Would this older server be any use in a ccnp voice lab running vmare images of cucm, cup, cuc, and etc if i upgrade it to 12gb and add a 1tb hard drive.

Comments

• jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    It shouldn't be any issue as long as you are running VMWare. The version that I'm using to lab (8.5.1) callmanager_product.conf file shows that you can't run UCx on that hardware. As long as you use VSphere 5 (I think ESXi 4 can run it too...I'm pretty sure it can), and have the resources (which it look like you will). you will be good
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what os does call manager run on linux, windows, or is it own os? I dont want to wipe everything on the hd incase they need it for something at work.
  • KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    starting in Ver 5+ is a Cisco Stripped version of Linux..
    ok so its essentially is its "own" os. can you run vmware over the stripped version?
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It's essentially an appliance (physical or virtual). No, you can't run VMware from within it's 'NIX OS.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    pitviper wrote: »
    It's essentially an appliance (physical or virtual). No, you can't run VMware from within it's 'NIX OS.
    What if you gain root access and then install KVM? I just might try that...lol. *walks off whistling*
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
    Thanks guys for your input.