is 4 weeks enough for Network+ ?

dkundudkundu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
It is quite hard to get out from the vicious circle of Help Desk. I became lazy year after year. Now I look back and I can see how I lost 4 years. Now when I apply for admin position - HR asked for certifications. So, I decided to get several certifications before applying again. Can you please tell me how long I should spend for Network+? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    I just did Network+ in a month. And before that I did the A+ in 2-3 weeks... I don't have an "IT" background and I found it to be pretty easy. That said I am not working full time so I could study all day long if I wanted to.

My guess is that with your background, you should have no problem with this test.
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    More than enough. Take five or six weeks and get both A+ and Net+.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    From what I hear, and as the two above have said, the Net+ is an easy test to pass in little time. As far as I know, it's mainly a book exam. Meaning you can use your knowledge you gain from books to pass rather than having to lab for. So yeah, four weeks should definitely be fine.
  • lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
    4 weeks is more than enough if you stick to it.
  • matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    there a good amount of memorization in the exam so it really depends on how hard you study. took me about 4 weeks
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Uncle_DaveUncle_Dave Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All depends on how many hours a day do you study, 3-4 h/daily as an average should make you 99% sure that you can make it ina month or 4 weeks.

Good Luck
  • MegaMacMegaMac Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking forward to taking the Net+ myself! I've also heard a lot of the sentiments about the exam shared here, so I'd say 4 weeks is plenty. That's how long I'll probably take to study. Although a friend of mine on here, Nytrocide, took the test after studying for 3 weeks or less, so it's all about how hard you study and what you use to study. ProfessorMesser videos are excellent. Tons of people on here use his vids. They should definitely get you started!
  • gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    It took me six months and one retake before I passed lol. It's pretty in depth but you do learn a lot studying for it..
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    that's depends on your work ethic. I got mine in 2 months because I was being lazy. Hehe...
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    from what ive been told the n+, like the a+, is a memorization exam. so it shouldnt be too hard to pass in a short amount of time.
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Took me 3 days to read the book and take the exam.
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It took me 5 weeks to understand it not memorize it.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    took me 3 weeks to study, probably studied almost everyday for at least 45mins.. passed first try
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took me about 8 weeks studying on and off though I probably over studied....I wanted to make sure I passed when I sat
  • glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've noticed with the CompTIA tests that you really have to read the questions they're asking, because a lot of times there are key words in the questions and you can normally eliminate 2 wrong answers off the bat. Anyway, I'd say 4 weeks is adequate but I'd study at least 2 hours a day.
    Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    glenn_33 wrote: »
    I've noticed with the CompTIA tests that you really have to read the questions they're asking, because a lot of times there are key words in the questions and you can normally eliminate 2 wrong answers off the bat.

This pretty much goes for any certification exam.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    It took me about about two months to write about 275 practice test questions with detailed explanations for the N10-005 exam. If you have four to five years of experience working with computers on a network, you very likely will be able to study, learn the material, and pass the exam in a month. Before another year slips by, I'd suggest you pick a day 45 days from now and set a goal of becoming Network+ certified by then.

Good luck.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    glenn_33 wrote: »
    I've noticed with the CompTIA tests that you really have to read the questions they're asking, because a lot of times there are key words in the questions and you can normally eliminate 2 wrong answers off the bat. Anyway, I'd say 4 weeks is adequate but I'd study at least 2 hours a day.
    Good luck! icon_thumright.gif

SO TRUE! I rememeber when i was taking my A+(I was pretty nervous since it was my first ever certification test) i would catch myself making such a dumb mistake because of the way the question was worded. It is really important to try and keep a clear mind and also read through each question carefully
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    It seems everyone agrees under a month should be plenty, especially with 4 years of help desk.
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A month is definitely do-able. Best of luck!