Options

RHCE course confusion?

ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I was curious about which boot camp course would be recommended through redhat for the RHCE? The RH255 even though I have my RHCSA? There does not seem to be a class just for the RHCE material? Also has anyone taken these courses with the RHCSA? If so what happens to your RHCSA voucher if you are already certified?
Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.

Comments

• Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    The RH254 course runs $2700. It's the SA III course without the exam. The RH255 is $3100, a difference of 400 which is the cost of 1 RH exam. So I would imagine the RH255 only comes with 1 voucher.

RH254: Red Hat | Training | Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)

RH255: Red Hat | Training | Red Hat System Administration III with RHCSA and RHCE Exams (RH255)

As to what's recommended, either of those seems like the next step.

From the RH255 course description:
    [h=3]This course is recommended for:[/h]
    • A senior Linux system administrator who requires networking and security administration skills.
    • A Linux IT professional who currently has an RHCT or RHCSA certification and is interested in earning an RHCE certification.

• A Linux IT professional who can demonstrate the competencies needed to earn an RHCSA.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply onesaint. I was confused because it says with RHCSA and RHCE exams for the rh255.

Yeah I am unsure since I called and they recommended the rh299 which is $3200 and no exam I think?
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    No problem!

The RH299 is a fast track course. So, they cram a lot of information into those 4 days. I agree though, I don't think it includes an exam voucher.

Interestingly, the course is not recommended for people who have taken the RHCSA.
    This course is recommended for:
    • An experienced Linux system administrator with at least 3 years of Linux experience who wants a fast-track solution to earn an RHCE certification.
    • An experienced Solaris system administrator who’s completed the Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Solaris Administrators (RH290) course.
    This course is not recommended for students who have successfully completed the RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH200). For those students, we recommend the Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) course.

Granted, I'm no Red Hat rep. One would think they would know best. Although, I found them to be a bit all over regarding training.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness