CCNA Security tomorrow 3pm!!!

PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
I had read the books and labbed about 8 months ago then my company was bought and I never went back to it. Just went over the material this weekend and hit 95% average for all practice questions. Scheduled the exam for tomorrow.

Work is making me get a CCNP Voice ( i dont really want it and am not interested in it ) by the end of the year so i'm hoping I can fit in CCNP security by Mid September. I have years of cisco ASA experience to help out with those exams :)

Comments

• afcyungafcyung Member Posts: 212
    May I ask, why are you getting your CCNA:S when you have CCNP? It seems like a step backwards. Why not get the CCNP:S instead? I don't understand how Cisco does their certs is the CCNA:S a requirement for CCNP:S?
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep, CCNA:S is a requirement for CCNP:S. It's one of the reasons why I opted to renew my CCNA with the :S rather than with a CCNP test. I'm going to have to obtain it in order to continue on the :S track, so I might as well complete it now. It's also the case for Voice and I have to assume in the future if there's another Cisco fork, they'll follow the same formula.

CCNP Security - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    That was a cheese test. 966/1000 in less than 30 min lol.
  • wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
    whoa awesome score!! I'm guessing you work every day with Cisco and it has become second nature to you. Are you going to take the CCNP S next?
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    OP has been murdering Cisco certs with really nice scores. Didn't you score 100% on CCNP TSHOOT?
  • PhildoBagginsPhildoBaggins Member Posts: 276
    YFZblu wrote: »
    OP has been murdering Cisco certs with really nice scores. Didn't you score 100% on CCNP TSHOOT?

Yep 1000/1000 on TSHOOT, 940/1000 on QoS but as the previous posted said...its real easy test wise when you work on this stuff day in day out!!!
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and nice score!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good work! That is a great score.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."