OS Test Tomorrow 9:30AM.... Pointers? Advice? Please?

Claud MurdockClaud Murdock Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took my Hardware in November, and failed it the first time (lack of studying), then passed iot the second time on the nose with 515 exactly.

I feel that I have put in about 12 hours of accumulated studying for OS, and feel it is relatively easier seeming than Hardware, but what do I know.

I just finished the techexams A+ OS test, and got a 77.2%, is this a good enough grade to be ready and un relenting for the OS?
I take it tomorrow, so I was wondering, what should I look at objective wise to study (what comes up the most in the test) and what is the best last minute Online/Offline (free) practice exam.

Thanks so much in advance for the pointers, Wish me luck plz, I'll have all of my fingers and toes crossed... icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• vexvex Member Posts: 113
    12 hrs of study is not very much. However it is possible.

Good Luck
    Ancient Certs:
    Exam 70-064: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows® 95
    Exam 70-067: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0
  • Claud MurdockClaud Murdock Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just got done with the test, and for studying for 3-4 hours a night for about a week and a half, I hated my score.

I was pissed off to see that I missed the button by 9 points, and the only reason I did, was because I went back and changed half the answers, which after the test I was advised it was not a good idea. can I get some tips for retaking it? I sceduled it again for Monday...

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    I would postpone the test if I were you. I feel like I could go in right now and pass my OS part, but just passing the test isn't going to help me out when I find a job. Keep taking all the practice tests you can and review the technotes. mcMCSE.com and free-tests.com offer a bunch of additional questions too.

What books are you using to study for the test?
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • lizaliaslizalias Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yea i agree. Postpone your test until your 98% sure that you'll pass. When i went into the hardware exam i was positive that i would pass.

I studied Mike Myers A+ certification book rev. 5.
    it helped me alot, i read every chapter, and understood everything (everything) that was inside of them, then i went to do some practical work to really embed what i had just read into my brain.
    then i read the same chapter again. did somequestions. then focused on the areas where i went wrong in the questions. for example. i got alot of printer question wrong, so i studied the printer chapter again, even more thoroughly, did some more pratical work, then more questions (and different questions to from other sites, book, sources).

i did this for every chapter.

once the Hardware chapters were done, i revised all the chapters in a few hours, did my final test exam questions (LearnKey master exam), in which i got 100%.

then i booked for the exam for the next day in the morning (feel alot fresher in the morning). then sat it and passed by 720. i wish i had gotten more points but its a pass.

for me there was a need to rush, but not so much, because i only had one shot, and the cost of these exams are too expensive for me to pay for a resit.

setup a good plan of attack and focus on areas in which you lack understanding of, really understand what you are learning and apply it to a real life situation and create a situation in which you can do lots of practical. then you WILL pass

Good Luck
  • Mobius2Mobius2 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Lizalias,
    You're thorough, most impressive. I'm happy you are studying as hard as me. Though I was the only one that had to work at it so hard. I just started A+ Hardware. My speed is a bit slow for my liking, but I'm trying to learn it, inside out. Mike Meyers A+ ver 5, was the only book, aside from practise exams you needed to get your cert? Thanks for mentioning the answer changing, will make sure I don't do that. I'll need all the help I can get. I only want to write once as well, both time and money. So I may read exam cram 2 as well, before I write, in addition to my course book. Good luck with A+OS.
    THAT WAS THE THING, I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS! I studied so much, I thought I knew everything about it with 99% confidence, but I was blindsided with like 3 questions about dialup crap, then I foolishly went back and changed 3/4 of the test answers I wasn't 100% about, If I didn't go back and change the answers around like a moron, I guarantee I would have passed it, I just hesitated... icon_cry.gif

I rescheduled it for next week anyway, thnx 4 the advice u guys!
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    THAT WAS THE THING, I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS! I studied so much, I thought I knew everything about it with 99% confidence, but I was blindsided with like 3 questions about dialup crap, then I foolishly went back and changed 3/4 of the test answers I wasn't 100% about, If I didn't go back and change the answers around like a moron, I guarantee I would have passed it, I just hesitated... icon_cry.gif

I rescheduled it for next week anyway, thnx 4 the advice u guys!

If you weren't sure about 3/4 of the test it indicates to me that you need more time to really understand the material. There's a difference between understanding the material and memorizing it.

The A+ certification, as well as any other certification, indicates that you have a full understanding of the objectives required to pass the exam. To potential employers and clients it shows that you are proficient in those areas.

I'm aware of how important it is to get the certification. I'm also aware of how much more important it is to get the certification...and know what you're doing.

Give yourself a little more time to fully understand the material and to pass the exam will full confidence.

Good luck!
    thnx for all ure help guys! I passed it yesterday with a 720, just wanting to get it over with, and now with getting the pearson book, I understand it completely now! :D
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Congrats! Job well done. icon_thumright.gif
  • lizaliaslizalias Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations bro, im still in the studying process of my OS.

any tips?
  • dbjjonesdbjjones Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Claud, Whats up Next :)
    i-net+ later this moth, then xp enviornment for MCP this summer :D