Can you please tell me the best CCNA Sim software

autoartistautoartist Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I was wondering what is the best CCNA sim software for the price :D ?
I have seen some stuff on ebay and was thinking about buying.
My Cisco CCNA books came w/ a limited Boson NetSim.
I like it but I don't know of any other Sim software to compare it to.

Thank you very much for your time

a.

Comments

• eng_ahmedaseng_ahmedas Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I Think that Boson Netsim 6 is the best. it supports CCNA & CCNP.it also supports some commands that "Packet Tracer V3.1" didn't support as DHCP Commands. I recommend u Boson 6
    Best Wishes
    Bye
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I Think that Boson Netsim 6 is the best. it supports CCNA & CCNP.it also supports some commands that "Packet Tracer V3.1" didn't support as DHCP Commands. I recommend u Boson 6
    Best Wishes
    Bye

I'm really starting to like Boson 6 myself-- it's handed me a few sims more similar to the exams.

I'd still say, though, the CD that's included in the Cisco Press book rocks for early prep.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • autoartistautoartist Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice.
    So the free sim that came w/ the ciscopress books is enough for the CCNA test?
  • suprchgtntsuprchgtnt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    save your money get on ebay and buy a couple used 2500's , and a couple 1900's for the vlan and trunking crap.
    nothing beats the real thing- plus sim teach nothing when i come to connecting the devices together
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    suprchgtnt wrote:
    save your money get on ebay and buy a couple used 2500's , and a couple 1900's for the vlan and trunking crap.
    nothing beats the real thing- plus sim teach nothing when i come to connecting the devices together

I agree 100%

I have a couple sims and they are ok for doing basic labs, but my future father in law has been letting me use his routers and switches and I honestly think it's a better learning tool... He was letting me use his CCIE lab manual to go through and do the labs I could with the equipment he had.

maybe ciscokits.com might be a good place to look as well... I've only visited the site once when I was thinking about purchasing some equipment...
  • autoartistautoartist Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok great, that helps me out a lot.
    Thanks