Options

NTBackup

SerpicioSerpicio Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Heya guys,

I'm studying for the 070-290 and I'm reading some at work. Now I was reading the Backup chapter and at some point it says that it is not possible to use the Ntbackup command in DOS for RESTORING a backup.

Now when I read the chapter and went to check some questions I got a question where the answer was:

A. Run Ntbackup.exe from a command prompt and restore the backup from the previous night.

So....since I am at work I cannot check what is right and what is wrong. Maybe someone can help me out cause I wanna know and cant test it for the moment icon_redface.gif

thanks guys
I think my head is getting larger everytime I read a chapter....is that normal ?

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    first it isn't DOS.

then the answer "Run Ntbackup.exe from a command prompt and restore the backup from the previous night":

yes, you can launch ntbackup through cmd prompt and do your restore.
    no, there are no 'restore' parameters so you cannot do a restore operation soley by cmd > ntbackup /parameter.
    witty comment
  • Options
    SerpicioSerpicio Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ow man....I really need to keep my head cleared. Been reading to much today I guess. You are absolutely right. Pretty obvious icon_redface.gif
    I think my head is getting larger everytime I read a chapter....is that normal ?