Options

Session Information is not appearing to a user.

Hello All,

This is something that happened in my job. Not exam related but we are here to learn not to pass exams exclusively. :)

The problem is that a user is logging in to his desktop with XP Professional and his desktop files and "My documents" are not being shown to him. When I log in with my domain admin account I can see all his files in his user folders, which means that the information is there, but somehow windows is not linking his account login details with the saved user profile.

Has anyone seen this?

I have been googling this and I can't find anything. Somebody suggested checking some registry entries but they looked fine.

Help!
Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.

Comments

• Options
    mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The best I can suggest in that scenario is to backup his my document and other data from his profile and the delete his profile so that you create a new profile for him/her rather than trying to solve the problem unless you have time to troubleshoot.
  • Options
    jamesthatsmeukjamesthatsmeuk Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This may sound silly but have you checked the permissions set on the my documents share and ntfs and effective permissions for the user just incase it's been tampered with!
  • Options
    destini99destini99 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is the only option to delete and re-enter? It seems so drastic