ITIL Foundation Exam - Need Advice on ITIL training

cj.kalyancj.kalyan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am planning to appear for ITIL Foundation exam coming month Aug 2012, I am in doubt whether to do self study by using available online resources or enroll for training classes in my local area. I have 7+ years experience in web development area as a project coordinator and leading a team from past 3 yrs, so not sure how to go about it. Can anyone who has already done the certification or anyone preparing for it, please advice.

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Kalyan

There are various different ways to prepare for the ITIL foundation.

You can look for free resources online, but these are not always accurate or up to date.
    You can purchase books that are aligned with the latest syllabus.
    You can purchase online training (normally this will be more cost effective than classroom training)
    You can purchase a classroom course

All of these are viable options - really you need to balance the investment you make in training against the potential cost of resitting the exam. I know many people have used the self-study option successfully, but I would recommend you at least invest in a study guide aligned to the 2011 syllabus.

You can download a copy of the syllabus from the ITIL Official Site, and there is also a free sample exam there to help you judge your readiness. http://www.itil-officialsite.com/

Good luck!

Claire
  • cj.kalyancj.kalyan Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Claire. I really appreciate your time.