dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
This lab puts many production environments to shame:

My Lab Environment « Long White Virtual Clouds
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    I have nothing to say to that but DAMN.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Very nice indeed.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Awesome lab! I want to ask what a ballpark cost is for this setup, but I am already thinking a large number! :)
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The Fusion IO cards cost probably more than most people rigs. When I was still the main VMware guy in a hosting company I had a similar lab in the datacenter. A lot more Convinient but as it wasn't my kit ........ icon_sad.gif
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That is ridiculous, but sometimes it's the cost of trying to be good at the job. Definitely a great sys admin and hypervisor test bed.

He could definitely use it for consulting.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    He is a consultant and he's also the owner of the company. He just happens to have his lab at home.
  • jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    I like big home labs and find them particularly useful in career development.
    Lab » boche.net – VMware vEvangelist
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    icon_cheers.gif dang!!! icon_cheers.gif
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd rather own a Lamborghini!! :)
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    wow... thats all I have to say.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    ........ speechless ............
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    wow that guy spent way way way too much money at Dell
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm pretty sure if I installed a rack like that my wife would be filing the divorce papers before I could power it on icon_wink.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    What would her issue be? Money? Noise? Aesthetics? Just trying to understand others' situation as my better half is fully supportive of my career madness.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Noise and Aesthetics....we live in 1000 sq ft apt at the moment....might take a little bit of room hehe

If I had a house where I could store racks in the basement where you didn't need to hear it or have it creating tons of heat she wouldn't care.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Noise would be my primary concern, plus I don't really need all that stuff would be the second lol.
  • AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    I'm willing to bet his power bill went up quite a bit after installing that!

Definitely a nice little office heater he has built.
  • eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
    I think I have to go home and change my shorts. Awesome.
    MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5
  • log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    That's just amazing.