Test Friday, thoughts?

cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
Test Friday OS: I prepared for my Hardware by studying, using a ton of practice tests, looking up incorrect answers and retaking over and over. This showed me my weakspots I guess. I have read and reread for a week now and am now doing a bunch of practice tests and looking up the answers retaking and doing more practice tests. One thing I have seen now is that the priority of the offered answers is very important. I have worked in IT for about 8 years and realize that there is very specific courses of action. Hey you are never too old to learn new things and I am learning a lot. I will admit that i am nervous, but I will cram 4 hours for each night and am having someone drive me to the test so I will cram 1 1/2 hours right before the exam. Any thought?
Thanks,

Dan
To protect and to serve(r)...

Comments

• JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    hmmm....and crammin works for u.......cause it never worked for me........but hey wat suits u best........i think u should try to grasp the concept of wat the question really asks and wat the possible answers might be cause they may change up the wordin ah bit.......
  • cairtakercairtaker Member Posts: 140
    On the hardware I noticed they did that quite a bit. One tiny dot or word to trip you up. Or am i just exaggerating?
    One thing I have noticed is that I don't have much study materila up to date for XP. Anyone have some updated XP links? I have a bunch for 3.1, 95, 98, ME, 2000, NT but not much for XP.

Thanks
    nah am sure they did........thaz their jobs icon_lol.gif.......i did these exams a while now on the older course material........but 2 me the principle remains the same......grasp the concept......that's all to it.......God Blessings on Friday!
    I didn't think boot camp was a good idea. Someone told me that they basically just show you how to pass the test without teaching concepts. The other thing I noticed is they are paying $1499.00 No way can I pay for that. Did you do all yours on your own?
    yep did all my certs on ma own.......just d book practice tests and good ole practice on real equipment........
    Trying to explain why's and how to's as I answer questions to get more comfortable...
    good......get some sleep 2........sleep hammers stuff in........
  • jedi_master_techjedi_master_tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes you are on the right track.

I did exactly what you are doing.

I sat practise tests on the net, looked up, printed out questions.

Resat the same test knowing the right answer.

It got me throught A+ Core and OS first time, it will work for you.
    Jedi_master_tech

Legend technician
  • dbjjonesdbjjones Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did the same as well... One thing to add though. The night befor the exam get a good night sleep. Then just reveiw your matieral before going in to sit.

Good Luck icon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gif
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    I would advise against an hour and a half of studying right before the test. I would definitely relax most of your trip and try and clear your mind. You will have 90 minutes for the test so you can think out the tougher questions you might encounter.

If you can get a hold of an Exam Cram 2 cram sheet, that is all that you will need to review before going in. It really hits on key terms and important concepts for the test.

Try and "over prepare" between now and Friday. Definitely take the practice tests over and over like you did for the Core and you'll be fine.
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
    Where can i find this Exam Cram 2 sheet?
    Unless somebody posted it somewhere online, it's probably too late and not worth buying the book just to get the cram sheet. I bought the Exam Cram 2 book/practice questions combo off Amazon. I didn't get much additional information out of it that the Meyers book didn't already have, but the 2 cd's of practice tests and the cram sheet really helped me for the Core and I'm sure it will also help me for the OS.
    I passed the test. I went without having hardly any study materials for the XP part, but made it through. Knowing all the stuff for 9x, NT and 2000 was what made me so positive. I was amazed at the stuff I knew for XP but cound not seem to picture the locations for some of it in my head. Oh well, it wasn't a great score, (655) but I made it. I will say the people that set up that test are good with using a single similar word in the answers to try and trip you up. Anyone getting ready for the test: ALWAYS READ ALL THE ANSWERS!.
    God Bless and thanks to all those that responded with support and tips,
    Dan
  • huzzxhuzzx Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Dan!

What are your plans now?
    Next is Network+, then Security+ and then I'm not sure yet. Depends on where I'm working probably...
    working.gif
    I noticed that too cairtaker.

Even when the correct answer is the first answer I would reread the question and carefully examine all of the possibilites again. A technique I like to use on tests is to try and answer the question before looking at the choices given. This requires that you carefully read the question and realize that it is not a trick question to begin with.
    I like that technique. It also gives you confidence in the test. Once you answer a few before you look at the answer selections, you start to feel more confident. What's your next cert?