Options

Passed the PMP today!

just sat for the exam and passed!

2P and 3 MP... i studied non stop the last month (been studying off and on since march, but the last month was key) using rita 7th edition and andy crowe's complete study kit (book, quick ref guide, flash cards, audio cd's and the access to insite).

each book has their pluses and minuses. i preferred rita's book in the beginning, but andy's book is the one that i picked up for a second read last week.

the test from rita were almost spot on with the level of difficulty with the real test, but i only took 25-50 ?'s at a time and never sat for a full 200 question mock exam. never took the time to memorize all ITTO's, but did study all the processes and tried to remember key ITTO's for them.... EV, PERT, Standard Dev are a must (i have over a dozen question that required using the calculator).... also checked pmzilla from time to time on LL's from passers and failers of the exam.... Chowdry's notes were a great use.

now on to my cissp!
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Comments

• Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz man!
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    one really interesting note!!!!

we had a thunderstorm pass through the area towards the end of the exam and the power went out!!! was only a flicker, but enough to knock my computer out..... they rebooted it and thankfully i was back at question 188 and still had 20 minutes left!!!!! was a relief, i was freaking out when the power went out, but they assured me that most of the time it came back to where i left off.. icon_rolleyes.gif

when i finished the last dozen questions I just said F" this and hit the submit button... noted the need for an ups in the comments section on the after exam critique, then hit the submit button and waited for a minute or so and got the congratulations screen... I almost fell out of my chair icon_cheers.gif and i guess i was loud enough that everyone in the room (they were wearing hearing muffs to block outside noise) turned to look at me... i didn't care, i literally ran out of the room to get my printout... the lady was understanding since I was almost freaking out a few minutes earlier over the power outage and possibility of losing all my test data.
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well done on the pass!
  • Options
    jlhctjlhct Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    LOL Congrats - that would have freaked me out too!

I dont know about you but waiting for that congrats screen was one of the longest 30-60 seconds of my life :)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations, and appreciate the reading recommendations.
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations, nice work! PMP is a big one
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass, thanks for the info, and good thing the damn storm didn't mess with your results!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's awesome! I really planned on getting into studying when I started my thread, but I had to start working on another proposal at work, in addition to grad school. Now, I have yet another proposal I am starting work on... and I may have to see if I can reschedule my exam, as I will likely be out of town... ugh!
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    pakgeekpakgeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for sharing. I hope to get this done by the end of the year before they change the exam to PMBOK 5th edition,which seem to have more material.
  • Options
    QuantumstateQuantumstate Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    YAY for universalfrost!
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com