Network Warrior eBook 50% off today on O'reilly

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Nice. Good find, Veritas. I love this book. For anyone interested in working in networking, this is a must have.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    is this an advanced networking book? or can it be used to study for the ccent?
    I wouldn't use this book for certification value. It's more of a "Welcome to the real world" networking book. It's easy to regurgitate exam information, but this book will help you with real world scenarios
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm with Iris on this. The book goes deeper than the CCNA, and is a good read for after you have achieved your CCNA.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I want this book so bad. Though, I only want it as a hardback book. Not as an ebook.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
    I would have had a couple of "WTF" moments at my new job if not for this book. One of our clients has some old switches that run CatOS and if I didn't skim through NW, I would have had no idea why the heck my Cisco IOS commands weren't working or what commands to even put in.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
    This a great book and a must have IMO. After I passed my ccna I ordered this book asap, and loving every bit of it. They talk about real world examples of certain situations, and like Iris said they cover the commands in IOS, CatOS, and the new version does NX-OS. This is one of those books that will always be on your shelf.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is $39.99 50% off the regular price? That still seems kinda rich for an ebook
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks for the heads up. looks like a great read but i will hold off untill i grow my knowledge a more
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    blargoe wrote: »
    Is $39.99 50% off the regular price? That still seems kinda rich for an ebook

It's $19.99 according to my e-mail. You have to use the following:
    Save 50%
    Network Warrior
    By Gary A. Donahue

Ebook Was: $39.99 Now: $19.99
    Use discount code: DEAL
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Just ordered this from Amazon
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just ordered from Amazon, and I had Amazon points I didn't know I had! $8 book for me! Woot!

Thanks for the recommendation everyone.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi