Options

Passed OS today! 31/01/06 Found it easier than Hardware.

jedi_master_techjedi_master_tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed OS exam today,

And I found it easier than the Hardware test.

I passed both exams first time.

I am now A+ certified.

I recommend to people who are about to sit the OS to know the boot and system files for 9x and XP.

Command.com, MSDOS.sys (9x boot file etc), NTLDR (XP boot files etc), registry files etc. I got a lot of questions on these.

Thank you for this site.

I reccomend for everyone, Mike Meyers A+, As many practise exams as possible on the net, certblaster.

And nothing beats mucking around with the OS's your self.

But what really helped me was setting goals. I studied for 3 to 4 hours a day for about 2 and a half weeks.

I went on to A+ straight after doing IT essentials 1 Cisco, which was part of a cert II course in my state. I did the Hardware exam about 2 weeks after finishing the course, because all the theory was fresh in my mind.

Also meeting and studying with 2 class mates and sitting the exams togethor was great.

There was encouragment and help.

They're my tips. It feels good to be A+ certified!
Jedi_master_tech

Legend technician

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    lizaliaslizalias Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations bro,
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    congrats on d becomin A+ certified....msdos.sys seems like so long ago 2 me icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    JubiJubi Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I take mines in about 2 and a half weeks, and I'll be sure to brush up on what you said, about what they throw at you in the test.
  • Options
    dbjjonesdbjjones Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :):) Whats next icon_exclaim.gif
  • Options
    jedi_master_techjedi_master_tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to do Net+

Mike meyers has a book for that.

But at the moment Im looking for a job as a technician.

And I am currently setting up a small business for onsite rpeairs.
    Jedi_master_tech

Legend technician
  • Options
    lizaliaslizalias Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to do Net+

Mike meyers has a book for that.

But at the moment Im looking for a job as a technician.

And I am currently setting up a small business for onsite rpeairs.

yea Mike Meyers really takes for cake for resources on studying for A+ and Net+. I also use the Learnkey cds (yes the ones with Mike Meyers in them lol).

congrats on setting up a small business, thats an awesome idea, im sure you will do well in that.

i plan on sitting my OS next week friday. lol

still studying alot of things, just finished actually 'understanding' the boot process with those system files, i think by putting them all in order, eg. io.sys, msdos.sys then command.com or ntdlr (the gun), boot.ini (the gun shop with the different bullets), ntdetect.com (the firing range if you wanna load the NT family NT, 2000 or XP) or bootsect.dos (the other firing range if you wanna load the 9x Family, and understanding how they work together will really help in understanding the 'start up files' concept.

have got around 70% in practise test but thats not good enough, plus ive only done 25% study of the Comptia Objective guide (which i highly reccomend as well), with those im using A+ cert rev 5 Mike Myers.

Good luck to everyone
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude..........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    huzzxhuzzx Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I think the reason you found OS easier is your background and experience with programing. I really never had to deal with system files, especially not all OS. This is going to be really tough for me.

Also, I would need the conviction that you have to set that goal and achieving it.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!

I actually found teh hardware to be easier.... Just one of those things I guess.

I had a 882 on Hardware and a 692 on OS.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?