Options

Time taken to prepare exams (question)

sonicboysonicboy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Before going for the exams, if I were to spend 2 months each (total 4 months) for 271 and 272 papers (inclusive of going thru necessary books and exercise papers), will it be consider too long? icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Considered too long? You should take as long as you need to cover all the topics, certainly not rush. I don't think 2 months per exam it's that much, but how much you need depends on a lot of difference things, including how much experience you have with Windows XP and how much time you put into each day.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    i spend about 2 months studying for each exam.
    and i wish i could spend more time.
    witty comment
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I only had a total of a month to study for both exams, and that was with little material available. At the time M$ had a free course, but they now charge for it. I felt my daily use of XP helped more than some of the course material. I looked over the objectives, to make sure I understood what each was about, and also how to apply each to a real life scenario. I think if you give 2 months to each, you should pass easily.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I only had a total of a month to study for both exams, and that was with little material available. At the time M$ had a free course, but they now charge for it. I felt my daily use of XP helped more than some of the course material. I looked over the objectives, to make sure I understood what each was about, and also how to apply each to a real life scenario. I think if you give 2 months to each, you should pass easily.
    alright, thanks. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I did both my exams in a month too...
    I would say take the exam when you feel you are ready, everyone is different...
    You should give yourself a goal, which you have... but you might master the material within a month for each... So I would just study and take the exam when you are ready...
    I would highly recommend the MS press books... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    D-boy wrote:
    I did both my exams in a month too...
    I would say take the exam when you feel you are ready, everyone is different...
    You should give yourself a goal, which you have... but you might master the material within a month for each... So I would just study and take the exam when you are ready...
    I would highly recommend the MS press books... icon_wink.gif
    the reason why I'm targeting myself 2 months for each test is that I'm assuming to take 1 month for studying all the necessary study materials, and another month for test practice (as much as possible).