Pick my books for CCNP-Switch

ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
Hey guys,

I know this sub forum is riddled with threads like these but I really need some advice on which books to purchase in preparation for the CCNP-Switch exams. I tried to figure it out on Amazon by myself but with such low ratings for some of the books I'm unsure which to choose.

I will use these in combination with a home lab and training videos by Trainsignal (Chris Bryant) and CBT Nuggets (Jeremy Ciorara?)

I'm planning on doing Switch>Route>TShoot

Thanks

Comments

• dtrujillo63dtrujillo63 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the SWITCH exam with a 945 last month. Here's what really helped me; I would watch all the CBT Nuggets for a specific topic, then read all the chapters in the OCG for that same topic, lastly I would lab the topic for a week or so. After doing that, the technologies were pretty much hard coded into my brain.

With that said, I think the OCG is all you need.
    Completed: CCNA - CCNP

Studying: Preparing to start for CCIE
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Awesome, thanks for the advice dtrujillo63.

I saw other members recommending OCG in addition to the FLG book but that one looked like it had pretty crappy reviews from Amazon. I really wanted a Sybex book like the one Lammle does for CCENT/CCNA but couldn't find it anywhere.

Oh well
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Hey guys,

I know this sub forum is riddled with threads like these.....

Then you should read up on them and soak up all the advice. If you have any specific questions let us know.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Gave my awesome advice in the thread on the same subject 2-3 days ago. ;)
  • ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    Gave my awesome advice in the thread on the same subject 2-3 days ago. ;)

Thanks for the advice. I reviewed your previous posting history and found a thread where you discussed CCNP Route books. I assume you prefer FLG for Switch as well?
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the advice. I reviewed your previous posting history and found a thread where you discussed CCNP Route books. I assume you prefer FLG for Switch as well?

No, neither of the Cisco Press offerings for SWITCH received great reviews. Look about half a page down in this same CCNP forum for this post--

See: Just passed ROUTE today, couple of questions on SWITCH prep...!