need some recommendations for my lab

blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
after passing my ccna i took a year break to handle some things. Now i am motivated and I need help building my lab.

currently, I have 2 3500xl switches and a dell power connect 5212 and I need recommendations on cisco routers

My plan is to have the devices to help me get through ccnp

Comments

• ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm going to quote my thread:
    Lab:
    1. 871 router with 12.4T advipservicesk9 IOS - this one router alone covered about 70-80% of hands-on practice needed for the exam
    2. Additional 831 router with 12.3T k9o3sy6 IOS - used together with the first router for Site-to-Site VPN, which is ~10-15% of lab practice.
    3. 2950 switch with 12.1(22)EA IOS - used standalone for Layer 2 security, another ~10-15% of lab practice.

These 3 units fully covered the blueprint, and I want to emphasize that all you really need is 1 x 12.4 k9 IOS router, 1 x 12.x k9 IOS router, and 1 x 12.x IP base IOS switch.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I came here expecting pictures of your lab.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    blackberry --
    You didn't say when you were planning on testing by which would definitely affect the lab you need to put together. Cisco is retiring the current exam (640-553) on 30Sep and the new exam (640-554) will be your only option after 1Oct. The exam blueprint has changed. When do you plan on testing?
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually