CISM Study Materials

smiahsmiah Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm looking to do the CISM exam for my next certification, I have been working in I.T security field for number of years.
Can anyone please suggest any good practise exam sites?
any tips for styding towards cism will be good.

many thanks in advance

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You might as well start with what's offered by ISACA: CISM Study Materials
  • LobLob Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would assume that a CISSP in good standing would not have an issue using those books and doing self-study to pass the CISM exam?

Having just ordered the lot, I would hope so!! And the books seem so compact compared to Shon Harris' doorstop!! ;)
  • questiontheknownquestiontheknown Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just curious, does anyone recommend a book for the CISM? I really don't want to get the $100+ study materials from ISACA.

Also, can anyone comment on the difficulty of this exam. I did well on my CISA and have my CISSP. Been in the industry for several years... Trying to figure out how hard I need to work on this one.

Thanks!
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just curious, does anyone recommend a book for the CISM?
    I've never come across any books that seem to be appropriate for the CISM. The best is still the ISACA review manual and the exam questions.
    Also, can anyone comment on the difficulty of this exam. I did well on my CISA and have my CISSP. Been in the industry for several years... Trying to figure out how hard I need to work on this one.
    If you already have your CISSP and you've been in the industry, you probably just need to read the ISACA review manual. The exam was pretty straight-forward.
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    ISACA review manual are difficult to red area best for their exams.
    You will be able to find good study material in different subjects, but ISACA review manual should be the primary source.
  • speedratspeedrat Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    paul78 wrote: »
    I've never come across any books that seem to be appropriate for the CISM. The best is still the ISACA review manual and the exam questions.
    If you already have your CISSP and you've been in the industry, you probably just need to read the ISACA review manual. The exam was pretty straight-forward.

Agree to a point. I found the exam straight-forward to the BOOK. However I would say put aside everything you know and everything you think is correct and go by the BOOK answer. Reality and best practice have nothing to do with what the book states.
  • htebazilehtebazile Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i recommend the ISACA downloadable practice exam software, available for purchase on their site. I found it much more useful than the book (which was also useful - it was just a VERY dry read). The practice exam software really held my attention and I learned far more from it and the explanations for the answers than I did from reading the book. I recommend purchasing both, but if you are experienced in the subject matter, then you can probably just use the practice exam alone.
    ~ elizabeth