Official A+ Certified Technician

CCIE Wanna BeCCIE Wanna Be Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed 220-701 last week and passed 220-702 today, it is a major relief to have this test past me. Definitely glad I spread them out, I don't think I could have taken them on the same day, I used of course the Professor's videos and the Pearson A+ study guide (it's an OK book, but it has a lot of typos and it's not organized in a linear fashion (separated by exam/objectives), it's kinda all over the place, but it has decent info. I also used the Exam Cram book for practice question (this helped the most, it let me know what my weak areas were). Next for me is Security+, but I'm going to give my brain a little rest before I tackle that one.
In Progress:
WGU B.S. - I.T. - Security (and all the certs that come with it)

Comments

• Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Congrats!

I was like you, I had planned on taking both the same day. Same as you, I'm glad I didn't :)
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took both on the same day, but I had a bad headache when I came out the testing center.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    Congratulations :)
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

• FrankThFrankTh Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

I am sure you are feeling happy after such success.
    Security+ is a little more demanding. Though, best reference I can think of is Darril gibson book.
    The sybex book is as good but has some superfluous in my opinion.

Keep going , enjoy and good success for the Sec+

FrankTh
  • MegaMacMegaMac Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, man! I can't wait to become certified. Passed 701 recently. It's only a matter of time now. Next, I'll be tackling Network+, then moving on to CCENT and CCNA. Onward and upward, as they say! Always had the interest in technology. Refreshing to actually be learning and refining the knowledge to put it to some use.
  • someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats :)
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Jerry_03Jerry_03 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats. what is this exam cram book you speak of?
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats! Whats next for you?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging