Taking INTRO on Friday. Any last minute pointers?

EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
I think I have everything down. I need to work STP a little and maybe routing table evaluation. Other than that I think I'm set. Any pointer would be appreciated.

Comments

• SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Eric0,

Focus on timing. If you have to answer 50 questions within 2 hrs, make sure you are close to 25 within an hour.. ie answer around 12 within 30 min. Try to finish easy questons fast so that you could spend some time with the sims. Make sure you are through with subnetting.
    Life is a journey...
  • EricOEricO Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed. Passing Score 825/ My Score 948. The simulation instructions sounded like those for the holy hand grenade. Almost no subnetting questions. I had prepared down to the detail, all they asked were general concept questions.

Oh well, ICND here I come.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    :D Congratulations! WhooHoo!!

Don't worry -- Cisco will make up for your lack of subnetting questions in the ICND exam.

Don't let your guard down -- INTRO is a lot of general background stuff. Make sure you prepare down to the detail (and more) for ICND.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Congrats .. wel done :)
    Life is a journey...
  • ztahieztahie Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !!
    what material you used to prepare for the intro exam?
  • JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    congrats and nice score.........
  • ciscoguyciscoguy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.
    what material you used to prepare for the intro exam?

I used the Cisco Press INTRO exam guide. They teach their test very well. We are going to see how I come out on ICND.
  • chinamanchinaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 167
    Eric,

Just want to ask you is the intro exam diffuclt, bec. on 20 of feb I'm going to take my exam of intro. And my heart is pounding I hope I can pass.

Chinaman
    I didn't think it was too difficult. You definitely need to have good Study Material. The Cisco Press INTRO Book worked well for me, along with the practice exams that came with the cd.