passed core, on to OS...but need some questions answered?

jacktheripper994465221jacktheripper994465221 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
alright, does the OS test cover all the way back to windows 95?

and is it based on windows nt , 98, me, xp, and 2000??

everyone tells me something different

Comments

• gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    The answer is...all of them. I took the test in January of last year and saw questions for 95, 98, 2000, XP, NT 4.0, and even ME. icon_mad.gif Any 95 questions that I saw on the test also pertained to 98. Mostly 2000/XP type questions.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • dbjjonesdbjjones Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gravyjoe is correct: All OS 95, 98, NT 4.0, ME, 2000 and XP. The best advice I could give you is make shure you know all of the Material. I used 6 differant exam practices and still saw things on the exam I didn't see in any of the practices. Only knowing how things worked and how to get to them pulled me thru the exam.
  • bwanaobwanao Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the hardware exam in 2004 and since comptia no longer have a time limit btw os and hw I hav icon_eek.gif e decided to start studying for the OS exam,any pointers on the best way to prepare for this exam.
    "A spirit without a vision is a life without a mission!"
  • jedi_master_techjedi_master_tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes you will see questions on all OS's.

Mine were mainly how to get to utilities and there names, and boot files of 9x and NT Os's.

Which isnt too hard if you know the name differences between the OS's and where they are situated.
    Jedi_master_tech

Legend technician