PC Tech - sharpening up for the exam..

sec_wizsec_wiz Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Well I'm about to sit my Security+ exam but I thought I would like to get the whole triad (so A+ and Net+ too)

I worked as a PC technician for a year, and have worked in my current job as a Technical services officer for a year now.

I've taken a few a+ practise tests and score 70-80% without even looking at the objectives or any study material. (I feel more comfortable on the Practical exam)

I seen to be missing the questions such as:

- best tool to clean keyboards/toners etc.
- number of pins in vga/ram etc.

Is there a small compressed book I should be reading or what study material is recommended for someone with this prior knowledge (I would rather not go through a 1200 page book).

Thanks!

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Try Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Certification Passport. I think the majority of the books out there are around 600-800 pages. You don't necessarily have to read every word but you can review the objectives and brush up on the ones you are weak in. Plus it's nice to have those things as a reference
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • sec_wizsec_wiz Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Try Mike Meyers' CompTIA A+ Certification Passport. I think the majority of the books out there are around 600-800 pages. You don't necessarily have to read every word but you can review the objectives and brush up on the ones you are weak in. Plus it's nice to have those things as a reference

Thanks Iris, just purchased that book - hopefully I smash out the 2 exams in the next few months (getting Sec+ out the way first)