How long to wait before re-taking a test?

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
If failing a test, how soon can I re-take it? I'm coming up on my recertification deadline and the info would be helpful in case I don't pass the first time.

Comments

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're taking the CCNA, you can't re-take for about a week. If you're close to passing that week might be all you need to get yourself over the hump.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So far I am only familiar with CCNA re-testing (been there, done that icon_cry.gif) Anyway, when I received my score report it had a date that I could come back for a re-test at the earliest. As YFZblu mentioned I think it is only a week. CCNP or other exams for other vendors may be different. I am guessing you are referring to CCNP since you have CCNA already listed and posted this in the CCNP forms. I cannot be 100% positive about CCNP but I would assume they follow the same re-take rules as CCNA. I could be wrong though.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    IIRC, if you failed a Cisco exam, you have to wait 5 days before attempting it again.

If you passed a Cisco exam, you have to wait 180 days before taking an exam with the same exact "exam number"
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed last week and can confirm the earliest date Cisco gave me was a week.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok, thanks. I'll be sure and schedule my test at least a week before my expiration date in case I need to re-take it. Getting to crunch time (yeah, I've procrastinated).