Cissp Details

AlthmashAlthmash Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi ,

Can you help with Cissp Exam preparation .

I a reading Shon Harris All in One 5th edition what more should i need to clear cissp cbt exam .

please it will kind enough if u will help.

Regards,
Althmash

Comments

• LobLob Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Althmash,
    If you fully-understand the Shon Harris book then you may achieve the pass mark in the exam. I'm betting you won't as it's a lot to take onboard and there are some things you could be focusing on over and above other details.

You want to sign up for some test question sets - when I prepared for my exam, I did lots of exam questions and learned to read properly and thoroughly...! I also did a course and the slide decks from the domains were very good.

Do also factor in that a course will help you get the most from the material that the book covers - and to understand how much more Telecom and Network material is in the exam compared to Physical.

I think you would benefit from doing a course unless you have a certification or lots of experience in this field already. If you visit places like cccure.org, you'll see you can do online courses which appear to be cheaper than the course I did.

You also don't mention experience. That would help.

I'd like to point you to this: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/79445-preparing-cissp-cccure-quizzes-question.html#post653885

Clement gives very good advice here and at the very least you should read and digest what he's saying. His boot camps may be what you're looking for.
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you need a lot of experience as well, its not just about cramming the stuff? Now here is a question, can you cram your way through CISSP?

Just read the material that you have got, the best tip I got and can pass on is to READ THE QUESTAION 10 TIMES if it did not make any sense.
  • JcastJcast Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Althmash wrote: »
    Hi ,

Can you help with Cissp Exam preparation .

I a reading Shon Harris All in One 5th edition what more should i need to clear cissp cbt exam .

please it will kind enough if u will help.

Regards,
    Althmash
    This is a difficult question for anyone here to answer because we do not know what your experience or skill levels are. Take some cccure pre-tests and determine where your weaknesses lie.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Certainly meet current "CISSP's" that have obviously crammed there way through the exam but don't know a routing protocol from a switch. So yes it's possible not ethical, but possible.

The folks who complain most bitterly about the exam are the same folks, that I have found from personal experience, have the least broad background. Read narrow at best. Those who endure the trials of the ISC2 and say it wasn't too bad or needs to be more technical tend to have a very long and broad background. Personally, it was a trial for me but I didn't think it was all that bad, given my background.

YMMV

- beads
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Forgot! Find a quiz book or two or three - whatever your comfortable with. Check Amazon for used books as well. Different authors tend to have different takes on things. Some are stronger than others in different subjects. Quizzes, flash cards, etc are all great ways to bone up on subjects.

- beads