Old CCNP CBT Nuggets

txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, I recently obtained the CBT vids for the old CCNP track. I plan on starting to study for it as soon as I get through the ICND2. What i was wondering was if I should bother with the old CBT nuggets at all? Would it be benificial at all?

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    txraider09 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I recently obtained the CBT vids for the old CCNP track. I plan on starting to study for it as soon as I get through the ICND2. What i was wondering was if I should bother with the old CBT nuggets at all? Would it be benificial at all?

OSPF, BGP, and so on hasnt' changed in a long time, so it still has some use. Make sure you supplement with current blueprint material
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would guess that the old material still covers 70-80%.

You should, however, get some additional material to cover the changes (OCG, FLG, Blueprints, etc.)
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The "New" CBT CCNP videos are actually the old ones with a few additional recordings added. You still can't rely on them completely, the FLG books are really good. My current study method is to watch the CBT videos of a particular chapter, then read the chapter to get more detailed info, then watch the vid again if I'm still a little lost, all with labbing in the mix.

Haven't gone for an exam yet though so we'll see how my plan works :)