Options

A+ and Network+ in 28 days?

Jerry_03Jerry_03 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to get A+ and Network+ in 28 days. Will be working full time until early august, and then start school right after that with a part time job. I will only have maybe 2 hours on weekdays, more hours on weekends to study until mid august then after starting school, more like an hour only

right now for A+ im reading
[h=1]A+ Guide to Managing and Maintaining Your PC[/h]and i dont even have a book on network+ yet.

but i did take two computer networking classes based on cisco networking academy that prepped for the CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    It's definitely possible, and having deadlines/goals is a good thing, but not at the sacrifice of learning the material. You don't want to rush it too much, so just study study study and fully understand the material and then take the exams. The Meyers AIO books are fantastic IMO for A+/N+.
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• Options
    someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So u got ccna
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Options
    Jerry_03Jerry_03 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    no i dont, i just took the classes that preps for ccna but havent actually taken the exams yet. i do plan to in the near future however.
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    I got both in 6 weeks, so if you really buckle down you can probably get both in a month. Although they are basic certs DO NOT underestimate! At the cost of taking the tests you really don't want to come up with a fail.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Yeah if you try hard, it shouldn't be a real issue.
  • Options
    someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jerry_03 wrote: »
    no i dont, i just took the classes that preps for ccna but havent actually taken the exams yet. i do plan to in the near future however.

ah so Net+ should be a breeze for u?

Im currently reviewing for A+ and will take it at the end of august... so far its like a history lesson for me lol, i lot of memorization of obsolete tech
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Depends on your level of experience. I had a couple of years working help desk for Cisco networks, Net+ took 2 weeks of study. I believe I did A+ in a similar time frame. It just all depends on your background and what you know going in.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    cooktmcooktm Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    If you have a foundation of technical vocabulary and understand it I say is more than possible.
    What I mean is...
    If you dont know what IP, LAN, subnet, DHCP, RAID (and so on) is then you may want to take A+ first.
    If youre used to acronyms and the technical verbose then go ahead! Study and to lots of practice questions.
    A+ (the full one) overlaps A LOT with Network+, I took both last year.
    meh
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I did Net+ and Security+ in a month. Both have a lot of similar material. Again, depends on one's experience level.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    iDShaDoWiDShaDoW Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Definitely do-able if you have previous experience.

Like kurosaki00 mentioned, the exams will test you a lot on terminology and some minutiae but you also do get a quite a bit of leeway on the CompTIA exams as opposed to other certifications as far as passing score goes.

I believe I took 3 weeks to read the A+ book and took another week to do any and every practice exam I could get my hands on but could've done it in less.

Having taken Cisco Academy courses will also help with the Network+. You'll cover some of the same terminology and concepts and it'll be like a refresher for yourself when you read Network+ books. There will be some uncovered material too so you'll wanna make sure you don't just skim through the book thinking you know it all already (the CompTIA exams are a bit pricey so make sure you prepare well).