JNCIA-JUNOS Lab and Lessons Learned

Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
Hello!

I am just now delving into the world of JUNOS. As such, I have been reading study materials, taking notes, and building small labs. I had been taking simple notes in Text Edit, but it occurred to me that it would be much more beneficial to myself and others to post my experiences with JUNOS here.

I have a decent amount of networking experience, and therefore hope to fast track myself into the JUNOS world, with the hopes of attaining a JNCIA.

Thus far, I am using the JNCIA JUNOS Study Guide (Parts 1 and 2), 2x J2300 Routers, and 1x Cisco 1841 Router

First and foremost are there any other resources that anyone can recommend for JNCIA-JUNOS?
Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU

Comments

• NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Make sure you quick out the fast track program from Juniper. They have some awesome documentation and guides to get you up to speed on everything you need to sit for the JNCIA-Junos exam. There are also a few free One-Day Guides that Juniper has published which I found very useful when starting out.
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Heres a logical network diagram of what the current connection and addressing scheme is
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I don't think the diagram you were trying to post came through.

This kind of reminds me of when I started learning Juniper stuff about 5 years ago. I had some Cisco knowledge, so I understood the basics of networking and was able to pickup on the Juniper stuff pretty quickly. Those were fun and exciting times indeed.

For studying, Nightshade hit it on the nail, the fasttrack program is going to be your number one resource, and I see from the J2320 thread that you have found the Junos as a second language web based training. Those are going to be your two best friends. :) The day one books are great too, and if you really want to get crazy there's the Junos books that can be found on amazon.

If you have any questions, let us know. And good luck with your studies.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • JuniperGuyJuniperGuy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The JNCIA Junos is about the same level as the CCENT, mostly going to cover the basics of working with devices and understanding output.

2xJ2300 should be more than enough.