CCNP Voice Training Schedule

drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
Well folks! It's about time huh?? Well I've looked at all the options and I finally settled on having work send me to class training for the CCNP Voice after a failed attempt of using INE videos. So here's the training schedule!

This is all through Global Knowledge Virtual Classroom

TRAINING:
7/30 - 8/3 - CVOICE - Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS v8.0

8/20 - 8/24 - CIPT1 - Implementing Cisco Unified Communications IP Telephony Part 1 v8.0

9/10 - 9/14 - CIPT2 - Implementing Cisco Unified Communications IP Telephony Part 2 v8.0

11/5 - 11/9 - CAPPS - Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Applications v8.0

12/3 - 12/7 - TVOICE - Troubleshooting UC Systems v8.0

with the subsequent test somewhere in between...

GOIN HARD or GOIN HOME!

I've also arranged a mentoring program with our Sr. Voice Engineers to bridge the gap in knowledge, so the rest of the year should be a wild ride!

I'll use this as my official "progress" thread.

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    How did you fail with INE videos? Was there something you weren't getting?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    Just boring... Mark is very dry ya know? I'm hoping these virtual classes will be more interactive.
    drkat wrote: »
    Just boring... Mark is very dry ya know? I'm hoping these virtual classes will be more interactive.

hahahah, compared to the other INE instructors he's deff kinda dry. Brain's 1 and 2 are good, but Keith barker was the best.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    That and he glazes over material, I think this is due to the fact te VoD are just recordings of the boot camp...
    Interesting though. I never felt he just glanced over I just felt he's kinda dry. What technologies are you referring too. I have watched almost all of His COD's
    Currently Reading

• jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    I agree with shodown. I'm going through his stuff now and I don't feel as though he is glazing over anything. I have 40+ pages of typed notes from the first 12 videos alone...lol

I've been in my fair share of college classes and Mark is not high on my dry list..lol
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
    I didnt like his CVOICE videos - I felt that he glanced over some material - IMHO, but hey to each their own.

I'll let you guys know how the global knowledge classes are:

INE may be good for some, I just felt I needed a more "classroom" approach.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great decision and good luck. You'll learn a ton from these courses! Interactive courses cost the most but provide the most information.