Options

When do you become administrator?

was55amgwas55amg Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I just graduated in December, a 1 year and a half diploma in Network Management. This program had lots of hands on labs (each class was 4 hours with 2 hours of theory and 2 hours of labs), and we covered the subject to pass the A+, CCNA, and MCSA (I'm preparing for the exams right now, i already have A+ and 2 MCPs).
So now i have intership propositions, but i already went to an intership and they didn't allow me to do anything BUT technical support over the phone for the employees. I'm really disapointed.

How and when do you become an Assistant administrator? Do you need a university degree?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    It all depends on the person and company. Large companies tend to take there time moving you up the ladder, while small companies will throw you in the deep end and see if you can swim.
    Do you need a university degree?
    No, but I would encourage you to pursue one. It will pay off in the future.
  • Options
    was55amgwas55amg Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks! in which university program do you think i should graduate in?
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    fondue wrote:
    It all depends on the person and company. Large companies tend to take there time moving you up the ladder, while small companies will throw you in the deep end and see if you can swim.
    Do you need a university degree?
    No, but I would encourage you to pursue one. It will pay off in the future.

i realise that......
  • Options
    Jiggsaww wrote:
    i realize that....
    You realize what?

was55amg wrote:
    thanks! in which university program do you think i should graduate in?

Not knowing how old or what part of the planet you reside makes it hard to say. By program if you're referring to degree of choice. BS/IT is my degree of choice, but anything with Information in the title will do.
  • Options
    i realise a uni degree is a good way to go........wha u know bout d online ones?
  • Options
    jiggsaww wrote:
    wha u know bout d online ones?
    First choice would be http://www.capella.edu . Fairly good but expensive.
  • Options
    Thanks will be show to bookmark and check tha site out.....
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    fondue wrote:
    First choice would be http://www.capella.edu . Fairly good but expensive.
    Actually, Capella is very good for IT and only on the upper-end of moderately expensive. You could spend a lot more for a lot less.