I'm New Here

MallowGirl12MallowGirl12 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone
I have joined this forum as i got a Network exam to do in August, so far this forum looks perfect, glad there are practice exam and questions on here to revise from :) Thank you to the person who made this forum, I also hope any questions that I ask sometimes will be fine :) Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to TE

Ask away which networking certification are you going for?
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    Welcome aboard.
  • MallowGirl12MallowGirl12 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    N2IT wrote: »
    Welcome to TE

Ask away which networking certification are you going for?

CCNA ne

I am going for Cisco Certification :) Thanks 4 the welcome ;)
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Welcome to TE! The CCNA is a fine certification. What are you using for study materials?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Welcome to TE! The CCNA is a fine certification. What are you using for study materials?

I'm using past exam papers to revise, forums, quizzes and online material to revise , i've also ordered a Cisco Book yesterday , so waiting 4 that 2 arrive as well , also using a subnet calculator to identify the IP addresses, its the one i found mainly hard in, but getting there :)
    I would highly recommend the Wendell Odom books. The set is $30-something off amazon
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    I would highly recommend the Wendell Odom books. The set is $30-something off amazon

Thanks 4 the recommendation :) The exam will be writtened, so hope i can remember what I have revised.
    My lecturer says the exam will cover the same material as the previous one, but there are new questions, so does this mean the exam will almost be similar to the one that was taken in Jan 2012?? Also out of curious, i see your from Irish, are you in any chance a Westlife Fan??
    LoL. My username isn't "Irish." I was born and raised in Northern California :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931

hahaha ok :D I didn't see the first word properly :) so after what my teacher said, i should not worry too much about this exam right? but of course am gonna still continue to revise :D
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    welcome aboard
    Thanks everyone 4 the warm welcome :)
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□

Haha! I like this nickname! Irish. Win. +1 rep.

Welcome to the board. Most of us are helpful. There's no stupid questions, and asking questions helps other on the board. Either by refreshing old knowledge, reinforcing knowledge, or by asking questions that appear odd. For CCNA prepared to do a lot of studying if you don't have some hands on experience with the material already.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    hahaha ok :D I didn't see the first word properly :) so after what my teacher said, i should not worry too much about this exam right? but of course am gonna still continue to revise :D
    I wouldn't take the exam lightly to the point of being too confident. The CCNA may not be professional level, but it's still a tough little exam. Don't just revise, revise very well. If you know the stuff well, you shouldn't have a problem. Just make sure to read the question. Also, read the question. Just to be safe, read the question. :) Good luck.
    elderkai wrote: »
    I wouldn't take the exam lightly to the point of being too confident. The CCNA may not be professional level, but it's still a tough little exam. Don't just revise, revise very well. If you know the stuff well, you shouldn't have a problem. Just make sure to read the question. Also, read the question. Just to be safe, read the question. :) Good luck.

I know i have been revising non stop, i sometimes take break too, just hope i can remember everything during the exam, but cover the same material means, exam will be almost the same as previous one, just some slightly new questions??
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I know i have been revising non stop, i sometimes take break too, just hope i can remember everything during the exam, but cover the same material means, exam will be almost the same as previous one, just some slightly new questions??

The question pool is large enough that the questions and focus can vary quite a bit from attempt to attempt. However, if you know the topics well, and practice enough on a simuated or real IOS device, you'll be fine. :)
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome to TE.

For the CCNA, be sure to check out the CCNA/CCENT section of the site.

Learn to be able to subnet in under a minute per question, how switches and routers make their forwarding decisions (and why), and whatever else those who've taken the exams recently have to say.
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    Haha! I like this nickname! Irish. Win. +1 rep.

I'm half Irish so she's not entirely incorrect. :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm half Irish so she's not entirely incorrect. :)

More than half Irish. About 80%, Iris icon_lol.gif
    hahaha am glad i was not totally wrong :D yeah just got to keep practising every day for the exam :) Thanks, hopefully i'll do better this time
    So how do you like networking, Mallow? Are you enjoying it? Do you have a network simulator to use?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    After all these years, I just realized Iris wasn't Irish about.. 2 days ago. icon_redface.gif

Good luck in your network endeavors!
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Welcome to TE!
    So how do you like networking, Mallow? Are you enjoying it? Do you have a network simulator to use?

It is enjoyable, but i just don't like subnetting only :)
  • elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    I've known a lot of people to dislike subnetting that start networking. I think eventually you brush it off and embrace it. It starts to become natural to you at some point. :)
    Subnetting was a pain to me too until I started doing labs. It starts getting easier as you start to apply it or you're given a situation create subnets in. Keep going! You'll get there :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome!

I think everyone enjoys networking to some point except subnetting haha
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I used Todd Lammle book for CCNA, I'm not sure if it's still relevant, but he explained subnetting in a very nice way
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE