Options

comptia's network+ sample questions -- looking for their answers

netplussednetplussed Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am scoring well on techexam's practice tets but then I go to comptia's website's 100 sample questions and cant get above a 78% and they do not tell you the answers. There is no NDA for these questions so can anyone please tell me where I might be able to find these answers. Are these questions gernally harder than the exam -- I hope so because i am losing confidence and not being able to see the answers and not having improving scores with these comptia sample questions. Thanks as always!

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Woohoo! I checked the practice test and apparently have beyond a Network+ level of knowledge. :p

My take? The questions are well-worded. If you didn't pass, more studying's called for. It does identify at the end what you're weak at by topic (network media, security, etc.)
    I hope so because i am losing confidence and not being able to see the answers and not having improving scores with these comptia sample questions.
    Additionally, as you took the test, were you 100% sure of all your answers? Any questions where you were not extremely confident in your answers is a sign that you need more studying in that area. I know, as I went through, I was confident about everything--except 10base2/10base5, TDRs, one port number question which I apparently got right, and one security question. If I were studying for the Network+ I'd go back and review those technologies--or not! I have this hang-up about not studying topics that I deem obsolete or useless. :p
  • Options
    vauntvaunt Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The questions on Comptia's website are considerably harder than the ones on the test I thought. I was getting mid 70's as well but when I took the actual exam I found it easier than those practice questions. Don't get discouraged.
  • Options
    netplussednetplussed Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks - do you know where I might be able to find the answers to these questions?
  • Options
    vauntvaunt Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sure don't I used MeasureUp to prepare for mine. Sorry.
  • Options
    lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
    vaunt wrote: »
    The questions on Comptia's website are considerably harder than the ones on the test I thought. I was getting mid 70's as well but when I took the actual exam I found it easier than those practice questions. Don't get discouraged.

Yep, the if you can do well on the practice exam you will do even better on the real exam.
    icon_study.gif
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    netplussed wrote: »
    Thanks - do you know where I might be able to find the answers to these questions?

CompTIA has outsourced those practice test questions with MeasureUp. In other words, they aren't CompTIAs practice test questions but MeasureUp practice test questions. If you look at the URL while you're taking the exam, you can see that they are served from MeasureUp's site.

With that in mind, you can purchase MeasureUp's products and get MeasureUp's answers.

HTH
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found the questions to be much harder on the CompTIA website as well.
  • Options
    lee_robinson_26lee_robinson_26 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well there are questions that are wrong on the network+ practice exam on comptia.org. Off the top of my head, they mark # 31 wrong and #37. I believe #31 pertains to the port # of SSL. Number 37 I think was asking you about the port #s pertaining to protocols SMTP & POP3. I know, they don't show the answers but I did figure it out because of the pattern of questioning. There are 6 categories, they ask a question from 1 category and then another from the next; in the same order until question 100. So what I'm saying is, these were relatively easy questions that were probably counted against you. Thus, keeping you from your minimum score of 80%. There's no telling how many are like that.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    I'm pretty sure that the questions are randomized so your question 31 and 37 is probably not going to be someone else's 31 and 37.

Overall, the most useful practice test questions include explanations so that you can understand the reasoning. Sometimes, based on how a question is worded, you think you nailed it, but then after reading the explanation you realize you missed it due to how it was worded. This page has a few free practice test questions with explanations: Free Network+ Practice Test Questions
  • Options
    lee_robinson_26lee_robinson_26 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    True, I could be crazy.