Sims in Actual Exam

Prasad SatavPrasad Satav Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
1> Do the Simulations (Labs) in actual Certification Exam allow use of " ? " to help typing the commands?
2> is the feature to complete the commands using "TAB" key enabled or not ?? (I guess not)icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks

Comments

• GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
  • Prasad SatavPrasad Satav Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cool icon_thumright.gif
    I was getting worried about NAT configuration....
    but that should give a bit of breathing space..
    thanks buddy
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cool icon_thumright.gif
    I was getting worried about NAT configuration....
    but that should give a bit of breathing space..
    thanks buddy

A note of caution--while the ability to use ? and <tab> do help, there are many sims, and if you're hunting around for more than a couple commands, you will likely wind up in time trouble.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes: Tab and the ? commands are available.

Word of warning: Don't rely on the commands as it may or may not help. You may need to know different ways to get to the same information (Show commands). You may be unable to see the running-configuration.

The best way to side-step those commands and to actually know them is to lab. Lab, lab, lab.. When you think you've done enough, lab 3 more times. Pecking around the right commands for the correct output is a good way to fail.

The amount of time you might be pecking away at the "?" command will definitely cut into the time for other questions and sims you may need that time.

Also, keep in mind you can't go back into a past question - you have 1 shot and 1 shot only to get through all of the questions.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• sthompson86sthompson86 Member Posts: 370
    As stated the options are available.

Luckily I was able to get sims where everything made sense, and I did not have to remember any full commands. Just used ? and Tab all the way through without a glitch.
    Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As stated the options are available.

Luckily I was able to get sims where everything made sense, and I did not have to remember any full commands. Just used ? and Tab all the way through without a glitch.

I had the same experience.
  • xbuzzxbuzz Member Posts: 122
    I would definitely know the commands by memory if you can. Infact if you don't really know the commands I would say that maybe you haven't labbed enough. There's not that many and they're pretty easy to remember once you've configured them a few times. It helps when completing the sims when you already know the commands as cisco exams are normally pretty close on time.

I actually thought the "?" command was disabled in the exams (I never even bothered trying it), so I always made sure I knew the commands when doing icnd1/2. Oh well!
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    nah it's there.. I'd memorize your commands however. You only have 90 minutes