Options

RHCSA and RHCE Cert Guide and Lab Manual

I was on the Pearson web site and noticed the book there:

Amazon.com: Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat Exams: RHCSA and RHCE Cert Guide and Lab Manual (Certification Guide) (9780321767950): Damian Tommasino: Books

In looking at the reviews, the biggest complaint is editing. My question is have the problems been corrected? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I can tell you, as the author of the book icon_wink.gif, that I submitted all the corrections after going through the book with a fine tooth comb...however they were not corrected in any of the print editions yet (I don't think digital either). Feedback and support from the publisher as an author has been horrible.

I had two very bad technical reviewers when writing this and they missed a lot of things while I was in the middle of writing...makes me angry because I thought it was going to be a good book. Content is decent, but if you try to follow along with the examples you'll run into issues.

I'm hoping to do a blog series covering everything on the exam, with some much better editing support this time icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Yes, I knew you had written the book. I was sort of wondering if the edition I saw on Pearson was updated, but looking at the published date, I think not.