Need help with getting entry level job

Newtech92Newtech92 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I was just curious if you guys think having the Comptia A+ and Network+ and the Microsoft 70-680 certification will be enough for getting a very first pc tech job. I have the A+ and the Network+ and I am working towards the 70-680 hoping to get it before I start college August 21st. I have 10 months Internship experience also, I was just curious if you guys had any tips or pointers. I am from Indiana too if that helps at all.

All advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Dylan

Comments

• HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    Yes pretty much, A+ is required by some companies
  • RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Yes, that is enough. I received my first pc tech job with just A+.

You will find with entry level support jobs, your biggest asset will be your personality/customer service. Your really won't be doing too much of technical work- but this job can spring board you into that. This isn't the 100% hard and fast rule- just a generalization.

But, to answer your question- yes, A+, Net+, 70-680 is enough to get started. Especially with your 10 month internship and start college classes.

Good luck and welcome to TE!
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Newtech92Newtech92 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much for the advice guys! I am new to the forums here it seems like a great place to just look around on my spare time haha. I am hoping to get a entry level job soon. I am also starting college next month to try and get my Associates degree in IT and graduated high school in 2010. Thanks so much for the welcome to the forums it means so much to be able to get advice.
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    The internship should help a lot when trying to get an entry level position.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    without a doubt it is enough to land you your first gig
  • camomancamoman Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The internship is your selling point in the interview. Just emphasize what you actually worked on and any OS's if possible. The interviewer is always looking for key works from their prospects! :)
  • Newtech92Newtech92 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This might be a dumb question but when you are trying to find a job when you send out resumes how do you really know which companies to send them to? What is your guys experience like in IT and past jobs/careers?