Juniper

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
All,

So my company is ditching all Cisco by year end. That said, I guess I should get on the bandwagon here. So I need to get to speed on Routing adn Switching and Firewalls in the next 6 months or so.

I did some reading around and I am just looking for some confirmations. The naming conventions are confusing me a bit.

The first cert I should presue is, JNCIA-Junos.
The second cert would be, JNCIS-ENT.
The third cert would be, JNCIS-SEC.

I should be able to complete JNCIA-Junos using the Juniper as a second language CBT, correct?

What about the other two? I can't seem to find CBTs or books.
-Daniel

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Those are sweet words to my ears :D

I think you've done your homework on which certs you should get and in which order. The JNCIA-JUNOS cert will teach you how to use Junos, the JNCIS-ENT cert will teach you how to route and switch in an enterprise environment, and the JNCIS-SEC cert will teach you how to secure that environment.

The CBT for Junos as a Second Language will be very helpful for passing the JNCIA-JUNOS. And there are some other resources on the fast track portal that will be helpful as well.

https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_fasttrack_home.aspx

Such as the Networking Fundamentals web based training, and the free PDFs for the JNCIA-JUNOS.

Also, on that page, you'll find tons of resources for your JNCIS-ENT and JNCIS-SEC studies. Each track has one or more CBTs and plus PDFs to study from. Then, you can take the pre-assessment exam and if you pass you'll receive a 50% off voucher for taking the exam.

Then, if you're looking for more, I'd recommend checking out the Junos Enterprise Routing, Junos Enterprise Switching, and Junos Security books on Amazon. Those have tons of information that will be very helpful in your studies and your work.

Amazon.com: Junos Enterprise Routing: A Practical Guide to Junos Routing and Certification (9781449398637): Peter Southwick, Doug Marschke, Harry Reynolds: Books

Amazon.com: Junos Enterprise Switching (9780596153977): Harry Reynolds, Doug Marschke: Books

Amazon.com: JUNOS Security (9781449381714): Rob Cameron, Brad Woodberg, Patricio Giecco, Timothy Eberhard, James Quinn: Books

HTH, and good luck with your studies. :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Any recommendations on lab equipment that will scale to all three exams?
    -Daniel
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just got an email frmo the boss saying they have these in the lab

"srx240’s and I can add some ex2200’s"

That enough?
    -Daniel
    Nice, SRX240s and EX2200s would be perfect to study for just about anything. You should be able to do everything in the ENT and SEC tracks with those boxes.

-Bender
  • jdstarnsjdstarns Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would also add "Learning Bytes" to the list. They are quick videos/how-to's that will help. Also check out the "day one" books/pdf's.
    Good point jdstarns, Learning Bytes can be a huge resource, especially with the library growing rather quickly. Which reminds me, I need to do a Learning Byte on Application Firewall some time soon. I enjoy making a learning byte, but man, I really hate hearing my voice after it's been recorded.

-Bender