Options

CatOS Reference Material

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am attempting to track down a good reference for CatOS commands and something that may lay out an IOS equivalent. I did a Google search and came across this book:

Amazon.com: Cisco Field Manual: Catalyst Switch Configuration (0619472050439): David Hucaby, Stephen McQuerry: Books

I am not really looking for a huge read but rather a reference guide that points out commands and their purposes that I can fall back on when needed. Not sure if this book is what I am needing or not.

Recommendations?
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Seems like a good book for CATOS commands.

Any reason why you guys cant upgrade to an IOS version? what series of switches are you guys running?

I cant remember if cisco was still trying to phase out the CATOS that is why i ask if you can upgrade to IOS version on your devices. Even the nexus switches run another version of OS different from CATOS and IOS.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The reason we still have devices running CatOS is because we have TONS of networking devices 50,000+ most of the old stuff is over seas in less developed countries.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cisco LAN Switching (CCIE Professional Development series) is an excellent read and covers a great deal of CatOS. I have used it many times over for CatOS reference material. It's rather dated, however.

~Cheers!
    Lab on!