MTA: Networking Fundamentals 98-366

Well that was totally anticlimactic.
35 Questions
Unknown scale just know that 70 is passing (I'm guessing XXX/90 assuming the trend is sticking)
Passed with an 87

Study with your chosen N+ study material and learn differnt types of DNS records and you'll knock it outta the park
Oh, and they are obsessed with Telnet. *facepalm*
http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)

Comments

• sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Why did you want to take this exam in addition to N+?
  • gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    I got it myself because of the requirements of WGU..
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    I grabbed it Just because it was M$ (and cheap 50$). A step in the door so the speak. Besides I already ready took N+ and there was no reason not to as the information was embedded in my skull anyways. Plus it was kinda fun, I passed with an 87 and didn't even look at the material for a full week. It was an interesting morning though. O.M.GEE read my blog about it: Microsoft Technology Associate Networking Fundamentals

Oh yeah, just like gdeusthewhizkid I also plan on Hitting up WGU. Might as well get as many of these suckers outta the way ahead of time.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Passed this morning and took Net+ right afterwards. Not sure if it was because I've been studying like crazy for the Net+, but this exam was kinda sad in it's difficulty. By far, the easiest exam I've taken so far.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
    u paid out your pocket or did WGU take care of it for u ....
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:

u paid out your pocket or did WGU take care of it for u ....

MTA 98-366? It's part of my degree so WGU paid. Not to offend anyone getting these MTA's, but I personally don't see their value outside of a class requirement.
    They are helping me get a raise at my job so i disagree if you are new to the IT world and need a microsoft certification.... My boss liked me getting them..

They are helping me get a raise at my job so i disagree if you are new to the IT world and need a microsoft certification.... My boss liked me getting them..

There ya go :) Clearly they are useful, and that's awesome!
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've just heard of this cert called 98-366 microsoft networking fundamentals. I actually learnt of its existence by looking at another member's profile and noticed he/she had it. Is it worthwhile doing it? i mean how does it compare to a network+?
    i have looked at the topics on the ms site but how involved is it?
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MrXpert wrote: »
    I've just heard of this cert called 98-366 microsoft networking fundamentals. I actually learnt of its existence by looking at another member's profile and noticed he/she had it. Is it worthwhile doing it? i mean how does it compare to a network+?
    i have looked at the topics on the ms site but how involved is it?

It's similar to yet easier than Network+. You get 40 or so minutes to do 35 questions. The pass mark is 70/100. It's useful for students pursuing the BSIT at WGU.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    WGU just did my transcript evaluation a couple weeks ago and they gave me credit for the MTA classes because i already had the MCITP: Server Administrator. The only one i have to do is the web development one. Walking into WGU I thought I would have to do those classes because its Microsoft. Before i found out the result of the transcript evaluation I looked at the objectives for the MTA certifications and shook my head because at WGU I'm doing the BoS IT with Network Administration Emphasis. So the certs that are involved for networking are; CIW certs CCENT, CCNA, MCITP:Server Administration and the networking MTA. I just looked at it and thought "that's a little redundant". Because there is a networking exam in MCITP: SA and you have Cisco and there is a Networking section in the CIW cert, so why do i (and every other WGU student) need to do this BS MTA test? I mean you have true to the core networking fundamentals with Cisco and you have Microsoft Networking where they like to make up their own rules so why do you need to take "Intro to Microsoft Networking" with MTA?

Also because its Microsoft I assumed i'd have to do the MTA ones because, when vista came out i did the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician on Windows Vista and every month after I passed that certification I would get an E-mail from Microsoft saying congrats on MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician on Windows Vista now you should do MCITP: Consumer Support Technician on Windows Vista. Shouldn't that certification be a give me? Because the Enterprise test didn't tell how to plug in a Zune but, I think i could figure it out without being certified and paying microsoft $150 to tell me i know how to plug in a Zune.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.