Prometric reschedule fee

Hi,

I looked into re-scheduling an exam 70-680 by bringing it forward about 5 days and it seemed that the fee was £21 (as opposed to the £99 full fee). did not go ahead with the re-schedule for the sake of 5 days due to the cost.

Does this sound about right?

Comments

• tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    The reschedule fee is absolutely ridiculous; just like the majority of the vendors and certification they facilitate, it is a complete money grab. I scheduled the 70-647 for the 20th because my brother was coming home from AFG this week. The Army pushed it back and it now falls directly on my test date and he flies in to a base 7 hours away, thus, there is no way to attend both.
    The site doesn't offer any option of inserting comments or possibly an appeal to have the fee waived. I could try and call prometric but doing this in the past has proved to be a complete waste of time because A) I recall having to hunt their number down and being transferred multiple times to the "right" department and B) the employees are completely useless (I was trying to get my Prometric password reset to take a Microsoft exam. They suggested I contact Microsoft. HA!).
    So in the words of Jim Carrey from Liar Liar when posed with the question, "What are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing! Because if I take it to small claims court, it will just drain 8 hours out of my life and you probably won't show up and even if I got the judgment you'd just stiff me anyway; so what I am going to do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe!"
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    When you reschedule your exam, especially at the last minute, they are losing money from someone else that could have used that slot. So it makes sense to charge a fee IMO. It's just business, nothing personal!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.