Thanks to this Forum: Passed Network+ and Security+

mosh36mosh36 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to say hello to all and thanks to everyone's posts on here I recently passed the Network+ and Security+ exams.

After studying for the Network+ exam for about 2 weeks using Mike Meyers book as well as Professor Messers vids, passed with a 850/900.

Took the Security+ a week after that and passed with a 866/900 using only Darril Gibson's Book.

I highly recommend both, its all you really need.

Now going to study for the ITIL exam for a few days and take that, then off to the MCSE path. Will keep using this forum for all its helpful info.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass and welcome to TE!
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass and good hear the book helped. I wish you the best of luck with the ITIL and MCSE.
  • mosh36mosh36 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys.

Darril: I read reviews on your book and everyone said its "all you need to pass", and literally it was all I needed to pass. Very well written and easy to read, got through the whole thing in a few days, then took your practice exams and was good to go.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz x 2!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • ahphotoahphoto Member Posts: 103
    Congrats on passing Network+!
    and
    Congrats on passing Security+!

:)
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • MallowGirl12MallowGirl12 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :D those are amazing scores :D
  • nestechnestech Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Network+ and Security+... What next?
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    All I can say is - you are a beast! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Mosh. I'm reading Mike Myer's Network+ Cert Passport now and will watch Prof Messer's videos. For the Security+, I will be reading Darril Gibson's Book. I've read multiple posts that give it high praise, so I am looking forward to that. The people on this forum have been very helpful and I also appreciate it. Good luck with your future endeavors!
  • MJohnsonresMJohnsonres Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats... icon_cheers.gif
    I'm new to the site and currently studying for my Network+ exam using Transcender.com. icon_study.gif
  • mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MJ, I've heard good things about Transcender, but I just didn't have the extra money to spend on it. Good luck!
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
  • KeenerKeener Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the passes! Good Luck on your next steps!! icon_cheers.gif
    Pain is only temporary. No matter how bad it gets, it always ends!
  • mosh36mosh36 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys! MJ thats all I would recommend, you'll do great off of just that in my opinion, make sure to take practice exams too.

As far as whats next MCSE and CISSP currently in progress. Just trying to see which one to prioritize.